🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID Verification Issues
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Rui,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble contacting support. I've escalated your concern to the appropriate team and your account is now showing as verified. You should be able to submit proposals again.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you for your help, it was starting to make me nervous.
95ca6d13
Community Member

I have this message on my page when I try to post bids:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

THe issue is that my ID was verified succesfully a week ago and my profile shows it. THe request came up after some agency proposed me work on upwork and requested verification. Looks like it is a bug in the system the "client" tried to exploit

Hi Georgiy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lauraricardo20
Community Member

I need to verify my ID. I've requested through Support, but it says I will get an email, and I have not received it to complete the Video Chat verification. Help!

Hi Laura,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d5fa06ea
Community Member

I just started on Upwork. I started the ID verification process but there's an issue with my current drivers' license. I was married in August of 2019. Between finishing up two degrees at once and then Covid, I never had a chance to change my license. I changed my name with my school though so my degrees have my married name on them. We moved in December last year and, because of the cost and the DMV being closed down (now open but still cost issues) I still haven't been able to change my ID. I have my marriage certificate and a notarized affidavit from the homeowner proving my residency. We live with family so there's no lease. My bank accounts were changed to my married name as well. So my cards have that name, but not my social security number. So when I uploaded my license to Upwork ID verification, it has the wrong name AND the wrong address on it. But there's not space to add additional documents. I called and found my way to the human resources dept and I left a message. I don't know if there's anything else I can do, though. 

Hi Christina,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
pbansal6
Community Member

Hello

I am not able to view US Only jobs and apply to them. I don't know why this is happening as I am based in the US, and have active contracts and completed jobs from the US. Can you please fix the bug?

Thanks!

Prabu

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prabuddha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3f0a6fb7
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to the platform and cannot submit any proposals. The system keeps rejecting my ID stating my name doesn't match, which it does! I've submitted an email two days ago but have received no response. There is still an error message at the top of my screen saying I have exceeded the number of attempts to upload verification of my identity and to contact customer support. Does support exist?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John David,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
84f06980
Community Member

Hello,

I had just tried to upload my license for verification. The photo was untampered with and legitimate to my identity. For some unknown reason, upwork's error catch kept saying my names did not match when in fact they did. Now I am locked out of verifying my license for trying too many times with the same picture and cannot apply for work. I am unsure of what to do next.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e01e2b51
Community Member

Hello all,

I am very excited to get started on my freelance journey. I have set up my profile and Im all ready to go, i'm just having an issue verifying my drivers licence when trying to submit a proposal. Its not accepting the photo of my license. Any suggestions to get a photo that is acceptable?

Hi Bryan,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already completed verifying your location. Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser?

~ Joanne
Upwork
a710fb9a
Community Member

Hello,

I was asked to verify my identity, but my ID document was not accepted. I tried to upload my driver's license, so I'm not sure why it wasn't accepted. I have reached the maximum attempts to upload my ID and need further assistance verifying my ID before I can apply to job. Please let me know what are the next steps. Thanks.

Hi Rachel,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4dfe2901
Community Member

Can't submit location verification. I am getting error message: "Something went wrong. Please try later".

Hi Aidarus,

It looks like you already created this support ticket regarding your verification. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Attached Please find screenshop of the error message.

Thank you.

Aidarus.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

aef78356
Community Member

Hi 
Is there any way to verify my account location using my utility bill or phone bill?

Thanks 
Danish 

Hi Danish,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. Could you please confirm if you're currently located in the US? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sure Aleksandar 
Let me know how i can verify it. I will try to provide everything.

Thanks 
Izhan

Hi Danish,

Before escalating further, could you please confirm here if you're currently located in the US? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar

Let me provide you with my phone bill. Let me know if you need anything else. 

Thanks 
Danish

here my phone bill in which my address is mention. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Danish,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
baker-aaron
Community Member

Hello, I have tried verifying my ID but I got the response that I have reached maximum attempts. Kindly help me out.

Hi Aaron,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
aaronjackson
Community Member

How do I verify my identity it asked me to upload my id so I did so it then told me my id did not match my name in my profile go to my profile and change it to match the name on my id so I did that and now it tells me
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs contact support
I've done that a 100 times and all I get is this data bot that keeps asking me to login even though I'm already logged in can anyone help me to get this done because it's not allowing me to apply for jobs

Hi Aaron,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
860e36f1
Community Member

I tried uploading my ID to have it verified, but then it gave me an error message saying they couldn't match the photo. Then I recieved an email saying that I've reached the Maximum tries to upload my ID.  On the ID I don't have my glasses on, because it was required of me to remove them for the photo ID. However, on my profile picture and everywhere else I have my glasses on. I'm thinking this is the reason why they denied my ID is simply because they didn't recognize that it was the same person. However, I cannot go back into my profile to try and reupload the ID again. 

Hi Selassie,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
686dde1c
Community Member

can I upload my EAD for identity verification in the USA?

Hi Stuti,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
sierrahunt
Community Member

I exceeded the maximum number of tries uploading my ID and it said I needed to contact customer support. I did that and I was sent a secure link to upload my ID, but that link has expired and I need to get a new one. I attached a screenshot of the response I received from customer support the first time with the link that is now expired.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sierra,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
crispytunes
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork yesterday and tried uploading my driver's lisence a few times before it locked me out of participating. I think I figured out what the problem is. I cropped the photo after scanning my license. But now I don't know how I can upload a new uncropped photo of my driver's license. I received an email saying I'm locked out but i don't know if this is temporary or if I will have another chance to reupload in a day or two. If not, I guess I need to cancel my membership. Anyone got an idea of how I should proceed?

Hi Crispin,

Thanks for your message. We can get this sorted out. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths