🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Help in completing ID Verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Mike - I'm also dealing with this issue.  I uploaded my Driver's License and the process failed.  My Driver's License is valid.   Can you assist?

Hi Bernie,

I've requested help from our team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
19e0d174
Community Member

HI, I am experiencing the same issue, how can I get this resolved? I am assuming it's because the address on my DL is not my current address now?

Hi Gelila,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
f1b2b4dd
Community Member

So I just started this account and try to well verify my ID so I could do work. Now it locked me out. Please help.

Hi Kellen,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f1b2b4dd
Community Member

Thank you so much

8a2b7eed
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to verify my ID and all the help posts link to an identity verification page in the profile settings but I can't find that page in the settings and when I click the links, I receive a 404 error.

Any help?

thank you.

Hi Nigel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ad96508e
Community Member

I'm just trying to upload my ID.  I received a message saying that I have reached maximum number to upload it.  What do I need to do now?  Thank you 

Angie

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Angie,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5d9302ed
Community Member

I have a question can everyone see the get started under the notification banner? I looked there and can not find get started so I can verify my account.

Hi there,

I shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1fc9b558
Community Member

Hello - I tried submitting my ID for review and an error message popped up. Then it did not allow me to try again, or give an option to do a video chat. Now I am stuck not able to submit propasals. Can someone help? 

Hi Haley,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
539a218e
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support

angeli_b
Community Member

I have verified my account and ID's months ago and above my jobs it still says that "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I have also emailed customer support several times on the matter and no one has contacted me or resolved my issue, so I am hoping to get an answer here because the Community Bot nor the customer service email has helped at all.

I wish to have this resolved soon because I have job invitations I really need to answer.

kevsog
Community Member

Did you fail the varification before you submitted this?

Hi Angeli,

I am going to check with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
539a218e
Community Member

i am facing the same problem please help

Hi Cumam,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc0991f4
Community Member

I am not a US citizen

Hi Cuma,

If your location is set to the US, you'll be asked to do a location verification in order to access US-only jobs. You can check this help article for more information.

Please note that it's a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service to have duplicate accounts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e24ee4cf
Community Member

Hello,

I uploaded my ID 5 days ago and immedietely got a notification that I had maxed out on the number of times to try to upload it (I had only uploaded it once) and to contact support--which led me here.  How do I get someone from upwork HR to verify it? I was told by the Data bot that it'd take about 24 hours.

Thank you!

Hi Eliza,

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
devlee123
Community Member

The title says it all. I've tried switching browsers, clearing cookies, and the whole gambit. No luck. I just need to verify my ID.

Hi Devante, 

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
emrahltr
Community Member

i see a warning like this on my profile and I need help. Thank you

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Emrah.

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding this concern. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4fe41334
Community Member

Hi, I tried uploading my ID into Upwork to verify my identity and it says it's not accepting it. How can I fix this problem? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arianna,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
25f893aa
Community Member

hi,I download my ID and didnt go thru I need help

Hi Lizette,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
63f34240
Community Member

I'm wondering what I need to do to identify myself right now. I surpassed the # of times to upload ID and it wouldn't take it for some odd reason. It won't even let me try to verify anything anymore. What do I need to do?

Hi Caleb,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
10a9a41a
Community Member

Im having the same problem. I have uploaded photos in multiple orientations, with multiple backgrounds, and all possible lighting.

Hi Martin,

~ Joanne
Upwork
9cdcc172
Community Member

Hi I’m new to up work and my drivers license was rejected…I’m not sure why but can someone please help me out ? It’s very difficult to find answers. Thanks

Hi Lee,

~ Joanne
Upwork
motheronthemoon
Community Member

Hello,

I also need my account verified. After upload, it was rejected and I'm not seeing a link to connect to a chat.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths