🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID badge verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Audriana,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aadf3912
Community Member

I uploaded the image of my id; it's kinda old and a bit beat up so maybe the program wasn't able to recognize it. How can I get this resolved?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jake.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Alyssa,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
38e5c770
Community Member

Hello! I uploaded my driver's license to verify my identity and Upwork "could not authenticate the ID" and placed a hold on my account. I have no link or option to set up a video call, or to do any of the other options I see in the forum. Could someone help me verify my account? Thank you!

5ea411d6
Community Member

I was told "Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded". How do I fix that so I can submit proposals?

Hi Linda,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f3e4a5a6
Community Member

Hi,

I uploaded my Driver's License, but I got an error message that the ID cannot be verified. Now, it shows the following error message:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Please advise how I should proceed. Thanks!

Hi Supriya,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
fluffie
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. What do I do? I got a proposal and worried I'll lose it. Thank you.

Hi Josie,

I see you already created this support ticket so I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ashes0523
Community Member

“Where” do you go to do this? I can’t find it anywhere on the Settings section.

Hi Ashley,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

That said, you do have the option to verify your location by uploading an ID. You can see this in a notification at the top of your Find Work page.

~Andrea
Upwork

In order to apply to certain jobs, I have to verify with my ID. It tells me
that after I hit submit proposal. But it doesn’t give me a way to do it.

Ashley, could you please confirm if you see any errors when you click this button here? You should be taken to a page where you can confirm your name and then upload your ID. 

~Andrea
Upwork

I need the link to that page. The only thing that shows on the “here” link is a screenshot.

Ashley, you should be seeing this notification on your Find Work page above your feed. Could you please try here?

~Andrea
Upwork

I went to the Find Work page and found it. Thank you.
dannycap
Community Member

The automatic verification isn't verifying my ID, I keep getting a error to try again. Is there a way to manually have it verified?

Thank you

Nicholas

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
giedosst
Community Member

Hello,

Looking to start on this web site after having an account for a long time. Uploaded my ID and my account is on hold too, can you help me?

Hi Steve,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
giedosst
Community Member

Thank you!

bb2cbf0e
Community Member

My ID was rejected with the message that the names didn't match, but that was incorrect because they do match. I am recieving the following message when I try to take a job: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." I would like to speak with a live person but did not recieve any such invitation message.

Please fix.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marques,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jlemien
Community Member

I have also recieved the message that "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." Please help me resolve this issue.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joe,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
graf-travis
Community Member

Every time I try to do the selfie, it says no face found. I have aloepecia and I have no hair, so I don’t know if it’s able to recognize my face. How do I get my verification completed without being able to do this? It offers no other option

Has nothing to do with your hair.

The lighting on your photo is no good.

Look at the photos of other freelancers. Look at my photo. Now look at your photo. See the difference?

It said it’s trying to verify it based on my drivers license picture though

Okay. I sent a message to a moderator to help you manually.

Thank you!

Hi Travis, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mgonya79
Community Member

Hi. I keep getting "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Matthew.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
97ae0c00
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to upload my ID, but I am seeing the following error message at the top of the screen:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

The problem in the past was the expiration date. Due to the pandemic, it took longer to renew my ID than it normally would have. However, I now have a current ID card, so I would like to verify my ID.

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi Parnell,

~Andrea
Upwork
0af6c074
Community Member

Hello,

I needassistance getting my identity verified. I've reached the maximum amount of times allowed to upload ID. I was told to contact support. Can someone from support assist me?

Upwork support would be the next step in resolving this issue.  This community forum doesn't have access to your account.

Hi Willishia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths