🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Daniel,

One of our team member will get in touch with you regarding your concern.

Ryan

Untitled

I AM UNABLE TO UPLOAD A DRIVERS LICENSE TO MY PROFILE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR POSITIONS AVAILABLE. 

Hi Morgan,

Our support team will get in touch with you in regards to your concern.

Untitled

I keep getting a message that I have reached the maximum amount of attempts to upload my ID to become US verified. Not sure what to do at this point it says to contact support. 

Hello Samantha,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

I am new to upwork and I was veryifing my location, but my ID was not accepted for whatever reason. I tried taking different photos and to no avail I was not able to submit my ID for approval. My account is now locked and I cannot submit any proposals, sadly. I have a notification on the top of my screen that says something along the lines of "Please contact customer support. You have submitted too many requests for approval of locatoin." This is not verbatem, but you get the idea. I looked all around for a phone number to call or a live chat, but since I am a new freelancer I am not able to take advantage of those amenities. Any chance you can help me unlock my account or help me find a way to contact customer support? 

When i try to apply to a job, it says you have reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. But i uploaded it already at the first time and never tried again. What should I do? 

Hi Karsen and Gulcin,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I can't input my phone number because my country is China and the area code is +86, not +1. Can someone manually adjust that for me, please? Thank you!

Hi Felicity,

The code +1 is used to verify the location for US based freelancers with a US number. Unfortunately you wont be able to finish this with a number from China. One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cannot seem to verify my state ID. I've uploaded it many times, a few times exceeding the maximum number of attempts. Can anyone assist with this? Thanks!

Hi Kara,

We'll have an agent reach out to assist you with this directly.

~Nina

For some reason, my ID will not upload and I have maxed out of my tries.  

Please help!

thanks,

Ali 

Ali,

A representative has also reached out to you to assist you with completing the verification. Thanks!

~Nina

I have a question about id.  I tried to upload the id and it did not go through.  Now it will not allow me to upload any more times.  What is the next step?

Hi Jen,

One of our team members has reached out to you via an email support ticket to assist you further with this.

~Nina

Hello,

I have repeatedly taken a picture of my ID and I am now blocked from uploading my ID. I have a very nice, clean picture of my ID. Can I please be unlocked so I can get started?

Thank you.

I’ve done it multiple times and it hasn’t let my ID go through.

I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my identity and they have all been unsuccessful. I hope to send my documents to and admin that can you fix this manually.

Hi Marvin,

One of our team members will contact you via ticket and assist you with this, giving you a secure link to upload your documents as well.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I reached max number of upload attempts of identity

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you via email to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
isaac_web
Community Member

I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my identity and they have all been unsuccessful. 

Hi Islam,

One of our reprasentatives will reach out to you directly to assist you with this.

~Nina

I tried to upload my driver's license and it says the name doesn't match, but it does. Please advise.

Hello Sierra,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support. Help me solve this please?

Hi Guesly, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am being told that I have reached my maximum amount of attempts at uploading my ID. I need help with this. Is there anyway I could be given a phone number to I can call someone? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather, 

An agent from our Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork

When I go to a client's page it shows "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." but I can not contact customer support via the link it provided even though I have uploaded perfectly clear scanned driver's lisence picture for verification. Is it because my ID is not verified so I can not submit a proposal? 

Hi Peter,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

About a week ago, I tried verifying my location. Today, I was contacted by Customer Service informing me that I could try verifying my location again but I tried uploading my ID again and I am still unable to verify my location. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Christian,

A member of the team will reach out to you directly to help assist you with this. Thanks!

~Nina

I am new to Upwork and attempting to submit a proposal. It says that I have reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. It then directs to me to contact customer support, however, there is no way for me to speak with someone directly. I would like to get this resolved as I am not sure why my state drivers license was being rejected as an ID for verifcation purposes. 

Hi Katherine,

I've also requested that one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist with the verification process.

~Nina

I submitted my driver's license to verify my location, but received an email stating that my account has been put on hold because the ID was not verified. I think this may be because the image in the file is sideways? I have not been able to locate a support telephone number or email address. Please can you resolve this issue. Thank you.

Hi, I've had an upwork account for months now. Still unable to accept work cause of this identity verification. If I could get some help getting this settled that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi Jon-Paul,

Please refer to the most recent notification sent to you by the team which you can respond to in order to take the next steps in completing the verification. You can access the notification ticket here, thanks!

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths