🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Vishi, 

The following IDs are accepted for location verification: 

• Driver's License
  • State ID Card
  • US Passport
  • Green card

If you have any of the IDs listed, you can use these to verify your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
arczephyer
Community Member

I took a picture of my ID but it did not authenticate it. Now my account is locked with no instructions on how to fix it. Please help with this issue.

Hey James! 

I would reach out to Customer Support via Chat or email - you should be able to share your ID that way or at least get instructions on how to resend. 

Something similar happened to me a while ago but was resolved quickly! 

Good luck! 

Elizabeth

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alannah_r
Community Member

I just started my profile and spent a long, arduous time filling out my information and adding my portfolio. I tried to submit a proposal and it said I need to verify my ID. So I added a scan of my greencard. Immediately, it rejected it and said my account is now on hold and I can't do anything. It's impossible to find an email address or any halfway decent way of contacting support. I hate platforms that just leave you with a customer forum board, so it leaves customers to just try and figure out issues between themselves. 

It told me to wait for an email. I opened the email and all it says is the exact same thing, that my account is on hold and I can't do anything. Great. Would be useful to know what happens next and how to fix it. Ugh.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alannah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jackwilliams36
Community Member

Hi, I need help verifying my location. I uploaded my ID once and was told that I've reached the maximum number of uploads.

Hi Jack,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
361bed9c
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identity but the verification code isn't being sent. Can somebody help? 

Hi Eric,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
m_shivers
Community Member

It said I exceeded attempts to upload my ID for verification and to contact customer support. How do I do this? It is so silly to not have a csr to get ahold of when needed.

Hi Megan,

~ Goran
Upwork
jhcalitri
Community Member

Hi there, 

My client sent me a contract (I don't know if it was direct or not). I want to review it timely because the due date for the work is aggressive. This is my first time using Upwork, and I am asked to upload my driver's license. I take a picture and crop it. 

I realize now I was not supposed to crop it. 

I am disappointed that Upwork suspends my account. 

I am on deadline. Is there anyway I can talk to a person?

A support actual phone number for United States?

Please supply one. 

This work is due tommorrow. 

Thanks!

Jackie Emanuele

EEC, LLC

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jacqueline.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ee081bed
Community Member

I also spent 2 hours on a resume and after multiple attempts of trying to upload my ID, it cancled my submission and so I kinda hate this website now. Any chance a person could verify me and not the website?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 🙂

Hi Alexander,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
chassity_gent
Community Member

Can someone help me figure out how to upload my ID and many attempts?

Thanks

Hi Chassity,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hdobruck
Community Member

Hi There! I am attempting to reactivate my old account. I am in, everything successful, other than the ability to apply for work. It's telling me I have reached the maximum attempts to verify my ID and to contact support, but all the links direct me to here or Data Bot. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

I am having the same problem. All support paths direct me to this community.

Hi Heather and Brandon,

Our team will reach out via ticket to both of you and assist you further with your verification's. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bstiffler582
Community Member

I have reached the maximum ID verification attempts and do not know how to proceed. I'm not sure what it didn't like about my ID photo. I would be happy to manually verify via video conference or retry the  ID upload process.

Thank you,

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. You should be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
k_mcfeely
Community Member

Hello...
I've had the exact same issue here in the U.S. I took a photo of my drivers license - didn't alter it at all - uploaded it and immediately got an email saying my account was locked. Didn't give me any information on how to unlock it or what to do at this point. Please help!!! Really sucks cause there are jobs i can be applying for right now but cannot 😞

Any help in expediting this would be great. Thank you in advance.

- Kelly

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kelly.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_wellman
Community Member

How do I deal with the error"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."?

Hi Matt,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sietag
Community Member

I need help uploading my I'd to my file I have tried everything
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sieta, 

Are you referring to uploading your ID for your US location verification? I can see that you were already able to verify your location. If you need further help with anything, don't hesitate to reach out here! 

~ Avery
Upwork
ash-williamson
Community Member

Hello,

I was sent an email from Upwork informing me that my ID verification failed, with no explanation as to why it failed and no directions on how to get the hold on y account lifted. I believe that my ID verification must have failed because my Driver's License had my current address and my Upwork profile did not. I have updated my address on my profile so they match, but there is no option to reapply for verification. What do I do?

Hi Ashley, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
shwethask
Community Member

Can I use my EAD for ID verification as i do not have stateID/voter's ID/ Driver's lisence ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Swetha, 

I"m sorry for the delay since I had to check this with the team. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mseditor
Community Member

Hi all,

I submitted a state issued I.D. to Upwork but then received an email saying that it could not be verified, I had maxed out my number of ID submissions, and my account was on hold. I have been unable to contact support. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem or contact Upwork? 

Best,

Eva Marie 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Eva.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dsayiner
Community Member

Hi, I have been living in the U.S but I haven’t got my work permit or green card yet. I only have my marriage license to prove my surname , and I have my Turkish driving licence, passport with my maiden name. How can I verify my Id?
Thank you?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duygu,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abdelsalam1212
Community Member

Hello
I wanted to verify my identity so I put my passport many times but it said error I dont know why so I took a photo for it again that is more clear .. but it said you reached your maximum number of verifying and i cant make proposals .. so what can i do plz

Hi Abdelsalam,

~ Bojan
Upwork
8639139b
Community Member

Hello

Any of the 4 options for Goverment ID verification in the United States works for me.

I always show to my employers the Employement Authorization Card (EAD) to fill the form I-9.

Help please.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths