🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hello,

I failed to verify my location.

I took a photo of my id and tried 4 times but all failed.

Would you help me?

Thank you, 

Roy

Hi Roy,

Please check my reply to the previous user in this thread, as this should also work in your case to help resolve your verification issues. Please do reach out if it doesn't work and if you require further assistance.

~Nina

Hi, I am having trouble in ID Verification as I have only a New York City issued ID rather than a state ID.

Can I email photo copies of my ID and billing statement to upwork to be verified manually?

Thank you so much!

Hi Charles,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with the upload of your document. Thanks!

~Nina

I cannot verify my location to apply for jobs.  When I tried to submit pictures of my driver's license via the app, it kept failing. Now it says I can't upload a picture because I've made too many attempts.  And now I get this message: 

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

Help please.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Parissa, 

I wanted to check if you were able to click on the link as shown below, and if you were able to file a ticket with our Customer Support Team? Let me know if you were having issues when you try clicking on the link. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 12.55.54 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Will my location verification be denied if my state issued driver's license has a different address than what is listed on my profile (my home address)?

Hi Amanda,

Your address on your license being different from your registered address on Upwork should not be an issue if both are in the U.S.

~Nina

Hi, I tried to upload my driver's license several times, but the system failed to read my license and now I'm blocked for submitting job proposal. What do I need to do ?

Hi Haena,

Please click on a job in your job feed and at the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support. If you go ahead and click the green link, it will allow you to create a ticket directly to the team so that they can help you resolve your ID verification issue.

~Nina

My acount has been approved. I am currently in Uinted States, but I am on H4 EAD. I have Temporary Drivers License and I uploaded my drivers license as proof of identity for my location. It got denied. Now I have no option to upload another document , and I am getting error to contact customer support. I dont see any option to even contact the support team. Help Needed!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruta, 

I wanted to check what happens when you try to click on the customer support link? Is it unresponsive, or does it show any error notification? 

Please know that a temporary driver's license will not be accepted as a valid ID when verifying your location. The following ID's are the only accepted documents for location verification - Driver’s License, State ID card, United States Passport, Green Card. 

Please check with a local advisor if you will be allowed to work as a freelancer with an EAD.

~ Avery
Upwork

I get error. It dosent go ahead, becomes unresponsive

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruta, 

I've shared this with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I submitted my driver's license as well as a utility bill for my location verification to be done manually. Is there a way of finding out about the status of that process?

Hi Amanda,

I've checked and can see that your location has been successfully verified.

~Nina

I tried to confirm my location by adding my state id. But it didn't go through and now it is showing that I have reached number of allowable trials. Please help.

Hi Pratyoosh,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I tried clicking the link but nothing happened. I tried opening a ticket, but was provided with only the option to post to the community forums.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason, 

I'll go ahead and request the Customer Support Team to reach out to you directly. 

Will you also please share a screengrab of the unresponsive link that you have mentioned? I'll send it to our Technical Support team so that it can be investigated. 

UPDATE: Jason, the Customer Support team should have reached out to you already to assist you. I also wanted to check if you can please try clearing your cache and cookies, and checking if the Customer Support link should work. Let me know!

~ Avery
Upwork

I am unable to verify my driver's license. I'm assuming because the TX license orientation is portrait instead of landscape, like the driver licenses from other states. My pictures a clear and within the size limit.

Hello Jason,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message you are getting when you try to submit a proposal? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, kindly reply to this thread so we could assist you further. Thank you!

Untitled

The website will not verify my photo ID. I made sure that it meets all the guidelines. I'm not sure what else to try.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zachary, 

Have you tried contacting the Customer Support Team by clicking on the "contact customer support" link? Please let me know if you are unable to reach our Customer Support Team directly. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 12.55.54 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
zhulon789
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I really appreciate the swift response. I don't see the link anymore. It isn't showing. It was showing for about  minutes after my last attempt, but now I can't see it anywhere. Is there anything else I can try?

zhulon789
Community Member

Hello again,

I finally got it and have submitted a ticket. Sorry about that, thanks for your help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's good to know, Zachary! Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork

I have been unable to get Upwork to accept my photo ID (Florida driver's license).  Florida recently changed the appearance of its drivers license and I have had issues with it scanning properly at an airport and a couple of other places so I wonder if this is the problem.  I am waiting to apply to several positions until I can get this done.  Any ideas?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Laurie, 

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

account suspended due to missed ID verification. Please help? 

Hi Michael,

I see you have already created a ticket with our Customer Support about this issue. They will update you as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID.

Hello Neha,

Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed? If you are having some trouble sending us a ticket, please respond to this post. Thank you.

Untitled

I attempted to upload my driver's license several times but because it was a photo, not a scan, and less than 200dpi, a hold was placed on my account.

I am a legitimate freelancer living in the US. I just didn't understand that I could not upload a photo (I needed to upload a scan).

How can this hold be removed? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Haley,

I see our team updated your ticket just recently with information regarding your identity verification process. Please refer to the notification our team sent you most recently for more information and follow the guidelines our agent shared.

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To contact Customer Support regarding verifying your location, please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support. Please try to clear your cache and cookies using this link, use another browser and let us know if you need additional assistance afterwards.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having trouble with my ID verification. I'm following the instructions and I tried contacting customer service but I can't seem to get my ID verified. Who should I contact about this problem?

I need to upload my ID so I can verify my location but the system is denying my ID when I upload it.

Thanks.

Hi Austin,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. Please clear your cache and cookies and try a different browser. Then, please try again submitting your ID for verification. If you still encounter issues completing the process, please select a job that has the US location requirement and refer to the notification at the top of the page, then select the "contact customer support" link. This will direct you to contact Customer Support.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I need to verify my location.  My ID has my midde name listed, so I have to add my middle name to my account. That is fine, but I don't want my middle name to appear on my profile, which it does when I change it.  Can I remove my middle name once my location is verified?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths