🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I'm having the same problem and i haven't been able to do anthing. please help 😞

all they do is send me a link with the same process. I need human help

Anmarice & Francisco,

I've requested that agents of ours reach out to you to assist with your ID verification troubles. Please  also note that you can respond on an existing ticket if you run into further issues, and the agents will be able to assist you further on the same ticket.

~Nina

I tried to verify my identity several times but it won't work. I need someone to manually verify it for me.

Hi Catherine and Kayla.

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I have been trying to upload my ID for verification process but it says ive reached the maximum tries. How can i resolve this?

Hi Catherine,

One of our team members will reach out to you on the ticket you opened and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

would it be resolved today? thanks

Hi Catherine,

Our team will follow up on your ticket as soon as possible, most probably in the next couple of hours if not sooner.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi I just tried to upload again and it says unable to authenticate the ID.

Hi Catherine,

I'm sorry that you keep having issues with this.

Please follow up on the ticket from which our agent has reached out to you. This way, the information you include there about this issue still not being resolved will go directly back to the agent and they will be able to continue to assist you until this is finally resolved.

~Nina

will they sent me an email?

Catherine,

You'll receive their response via an email ticket but can also access it this way.

~Nina

can i get help to be uploaded it manually

Catherine,

We won't be able to help you with manual verification of your ID here in the Community. Kindly please reply on your ticket so that the team that is able to do this can assist you with this. Thank you.

~Nina

I tried to download ID again and it says unable to authenticate ID. 

I tried to verify my location with my ID so I can apply to US only jobs, but for some reason it couldn’t be verified. And now my account is on hold and I can’t find any steps to help. I’m currently working two jobs and had a few proposals out for jobs I really wanted and I have no idea what will happen with those now. Please help me out if you can

Hi Bella,

A member of our team has reached out to you to further assist you with your verification issue. Please check the information in that correspondence from the agent, which you can also access through this link.

~Nina

I am unable to upload my ID, I tried too many times and my account is locked.  I need help ASAP

Hello Aisha,

Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please reply to this post so we can assist you further. Thanks!

Untitled

This is frustrating I tried scanning ID like 4 different ways but the auto-load process won't verify. Please explain and tell me what to do next to get verified so I can start submitting proposals.

Hi JP,

When you click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to, at  the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I have tried to upload a .jpg image of my driver's license (New York, NY) and the website says "It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID"  Can someone please contact me or give instructions on how to try it again?  Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammed, 

On a job post with a U.S. location requirement, you should see the link to contact our Customer Support Team directly. Please file a ticket with them so that they can assist you with your issue. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

I have been trying to upload a copy of my drivers license to verify location but keep receiving an error message that I am not using an accepted format.    I am in Arizona (US) and using my valid drivers license.  However as I have attempted to upload 2 different times, I am now receiving an error message that says to contact customer support... that doesn't work either.

Hi Gina, 

I've escalated your concern to the Customer Support Team and an agent should reach out to you to assist you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you very much, I have been contacted and the issue has been resolved.

I'm having the same problem as Gina. I've been unsuccessful with updating valid driver license

I'm having the same problem as Gina. I've been unsuccessful with updating valid driver license. How did you get this issue resolved?

Hi Kedra,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I've submitted zero bids, paid extra for the upgrade and now it said I maxed out and can't submit any bids? What?????? Please reset my account! *** Edited for Community Guidelines ***

While you can upgrade and obtain a few more connects, you might not want to use them right away. Upwork keeps track of the number of bids a freelancer sends without success and sometimes suspends accounts that are high bid-low win. 

Hello Tammy,

I'm sorry to hear that. I just made a follow up on your tickets with our team. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello guys, 

Thanks Upwork for accepting my registration. I am new here and it will be my pleasure if I am accorded some assistance. After registration, I did try to send my DL for verification so that I can bid jobs for "USA Ofreelancers only. " However, I tried severally submitting the DL through the online system but all has been in vain. Is there a way I can submit it for manual verification? Thanks

Hello Bill,

I just made a follow up on your ticket. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

My location verification in US is not going through... I have uploaded my ID multiple times but still not going through... 

Hi Pedro, 

You should be able to contact Customer Support directly by choosing a local job post/job with a U.S. requirement, and clicking on the "contact customer support" link. Let us know if this doesn't work for you?

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

My UNITED STATES I. D. verification keeps failing with the photo of my Driver's license. I have reached the limit of attempts now and cannot proceed. Please help me resolve this issue ASAP.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zachariah,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

l have uploaded my Drivers License numerous times and it will not be accepted. I have taken pictures in different light, scanned, etc. and it has not been recognized. Can someone help me figure out how to verify my ID? 

thanks, Angela 

Hi Angela,

It looks like you have already successfully verified your location. Please feel free to reach out if this isn't the case or you run into any other issues.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths