🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Heather,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you directly to help assist with this and you should be hearing from them shortly. Thanks!

~Nina

I have reached the max time to upload my id twice now. Can someone you help me with verifying my location?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moshe, 

Please click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement. A link to contact our Customer Support Team should be available there. Please click on the link to be able to directly contact our Customer Support Team. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

there is no link to do yor request.

Thanks, 

Moshe

Hi Moshe,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Having trouble verifying my location as I am under 21 and my license is vertical not horizontal. Now I am unable to do any jobs because of too many verification attempts. What should I do?

Hi Arjun,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I am unable to verify my account --my ID photo keeps getting rejected. 

Hi Goodnessknows,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

As a sidenote, you'll need to use your real, legal name on Upwork and you may be hearing from the team in this regard. Thanks!

~Nina

Hi,

I'm trying to verify my location by uploading my Driver's licence but upon submiting a clear picture of the document the form says there's a problem processing my document and prompts me to try again.

Is there a way or a place where I can upload my document and wait for a manual approval?

Thank you for your help

I am trying to verify my location and identity, but it keeps telling me I am submitting an unsupported type of ID.

I am uploading my drivers license.

I think the issue is that my license is horizontal.

Hi Dustin,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue. Thanks!

~Nina

'm trying to submit a proposal. I need to put my ID in, however this site won't allow me to. I don't understand why? Please help.

Hi Rhonda,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I've reached the max # of tries on submitting my I.D. photo and I can't figure out why it isn't working. My I.D. is legal, did all the borders and not fuzzy stuff you asked for and your systems aren't accepting it. Please, someone help me out. here. I need food. So I need work.

Hi Samantha,

~Nina

HI , There 

I am trying to upload my driver lisene , but itsnt accepted i dont know why ?

Janean, great answer. Reminds me of the white album. Cat Wink

@John K wrote:

Janean, great answer. Reminds me of the white album. Cat Wink

Drat .... what did I miss that had to do with the Beatles???

I Live in Virginia and my adress is sterling , i have never wrote CA

Hello Tarek,

Can you please try to send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed when you try to submit proposals to US only jobs? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled

I am incredibly frustrated. I tried to submit my first proposal and I received an error stating that my ID did not meet the criteria when I can see clearly in the file properties that it does.  After contacting customer service, I was told my name does not match. I have a middle name on my identification BUT there is not a "middle name" field available in my profile. So do I just add it to my first name or add it before my last name? The only answers I get from customer service are very scripted answers. I can tell because the beginning of each email is exactly the same verbage. Also my state identification shows my last name first then my first and middle. Again, when I asked for clarification, I get a scripted response from customer service that my account is now on hold and I will not be able to submit any NEW proposals becuase I am not verified.  Hmmm.... that is interesting and completely redundant!!! I have NEVER been able to submit a proposal so preventing me from submitting NEW proposals is a perfectly reasonable response.. right? 

Hello Lisa,

I'm sorry about that. I'll make a follow up on your ticket so our team can assist you further. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled

I am unable to verify my USA DL. I tried two times to upload it but still not able to verify it.

Please Help me. 

Hello Chirag,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link when you try to submit proposals to US only jobs? If you are having some trouble submitting a ticket, please respond to this thread. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi,

Can you send me link for create issue ticket.

Thanks,

Hello Chirag,

Please click the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to a US only job post. If you are having some trouble sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thanks!

Untitled

Thank you for the reply. I've already chosen my membership plan, but I am not able to submit a proposal.

Hi Melika, 

It looks like you were trying to verify your location. I would recommend that you click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and click on the link to contact our Customer Support Team. They should be able to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery!

I did send the job post link via private message to you.

Waiting answer. Thank you

Hello!

I applied to job, where wasn't specified location of preferred freelancers. Only 90%+ JSS was required in "Preferred Qualifications" part.

Now, when I check the proposal again, it says INSIDE of job post, that only US located freelancers may apply. I do read job posts carefully, and I am sure there wasn't any note like that.

Now I get this banner

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

As I understand from community messages it has something to do with "US only..." qualification.

I tried to contact Customer Support, but the old system does not exist now, and I could not see, where to apply my request.

Please write me, what this banner means? Do I have a problem with my account now?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tamerlan, 

Will you please send this job post link to me via a private message so that I can go ahead and check on the job post? 

I'll wait for your message!

~ Avery
Upwork

I got the same problem. How can I solve this problem?

"you've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your id"

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Flavio, 

Please choose a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and once you click on the job post, you should be able to see the link to directly contact our Customer Support Team by clicking on the link as shown on the screen grab below. Let me know if we can assist you further. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
dencov
Community Member

Hello,

I'm going to verify my location, but when I upload my ID, it says my name is not matching with the one registered here in Upwork.
But they are definitely same - the name in my ID and the name in Upwork.

Could anyone please help me for this issue?

Thanks.

Hi Denis,

Could you please try submitting a different picture of your ID and make sure it's a clear picture with all the information visible? Let us know if you continue running into issues with the verification.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Where should i email my ID. the site did not take it, tried many times. 

Hello Mohammad,

Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed when you try to send your proposals to US only jobs? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled

Please remove this post 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths