cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Melissa M Member Since: Mar 21, 2018
1961 of 3,398

Hello,

I just started my profile with UpWork, and I also received the same message that my ID couldn't be authenticated, but with no way to appeal or ask for a second try. Can someone from UpWork please help me with this issue? 

Melissa

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
1962 of 3,398

Hello Melissa,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Badrul H Member Since: Mar 22, 2018
1963 of 3,398

Team, 

I have the same issue.  It will be great if someone can contact me.  Thanks.

Community Guru
1964 of 3,398

Hello Badrul,

One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly to assist you. Thank you.

Untitled
Danielle O Member Since: Mar 22, 2018
1965 of 3,398
Hello,

I'm trying to upload the documents, but I do not have a bill or a bank statement or any of the other requested documents for my current address, as all of the bills are in my partner's name and my bank statements get sent to my parent's address in Michigan. I have a scan of my lease, but it was issued in August. It clearly states on my lease that it is in effect until August 2018-- why can't this be acceptable?

I also have a credit report with my address on it, issued in January 2018.

I'm frustrated and I'd really like to start working via Upwork, but it's seeming impossible and upsetting. Any help on getting this going would be appreciated-- I can even send in a bill with my partner's name on it, since his name is also clearly on the lease.

I'va already communicated with customer service via email, and they just replied with the generic form answer-- it feels like my concerns are being ignored. ):

Please let me know, thanks.

Community Guru
1966 of 3,398

Hello Danielle,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Suman S Member Since: Dec 9, 2017
1967 of 3,398

Dear moderators,

I tried to verify my US location via my green card, but the attempts keep failing.

Please help.

Best regards,

Suman

Jayon J Member Since: Mar 23, 2018
1968 of 3,398

I cannot verify my location. Please help me verifying my location.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1969 of 3,398

@Jayon J wrote:

I cannot verify my location. Please help me verifying my location.

If you are in the US on a student visa you most likely can't work on Upwork anyway.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1970 of 3,398

Hi Jayon,

You can use one of this documents to verify your location: US drivers licence and passport or a green card. Thank you!

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS