cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Ayo A Member Since: Apr 29, 2018
1961 of 2,785

Hi Jo-An. I'm not working with a particular job post, so I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I don't know how to file a ticket with customer service because the UI on Upwork is really insistent on funnelling inquiries like mine to the community forum, even though that's about the least efficient way for me to get help with this problem. I'm not sure what to do.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1962 of 2,785

Ayo, 

Sorry about the delayed reply. Are you able to change your profile name under your Settings> Contact Info? It needs to match the name that shows on your ID. If after changing your name you still run into issues with your location verification, please use the link to contact support directly as Jo outlined in her replies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Zachary Z Member Since: Apr 29, 2018
1963 of 2,785

I've tried to upload a picture of my driver's license to the "Location Verification" page twice and both times it wasn't accepted. The photo I took did fit all of the requirements listed on the page. I think the reason for this is that my ID is formatted vertically rather than horizontally becuase I live in Colorado.  I would like to verify my location as soon as possible, but I don't really know what to do right now.

Thanks for reading,

Zach

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
1964 of 2,785

Hi Zach,

Click on a local job post/job with a U.S. requirement, and click on the "contact customer support" link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.2018-04-30 12_26_01-My Job Feed.jpg

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Yvette H Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
1965 of 2,785

Hi,

I'm new to Uwork and I am having the same issue. I tried uploading my drivers license many times. Someone please contact me and help. Thank you.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
1966 of 2,785

Hi Yvette,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Untitled
Thane A Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
1967 of 2,785

Hello, I'm having issues with verification as well. I don't know if it's because the picture is slightly blurry or what. If I need to try and take a clearer picture, or find other documents to use, I probably can.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
1968 of 2,785

Hi Thane,

Please follow the directions that I posted a few posts above to Yvette, as you can utilize these directions to get direct assistance from the support team in uploading your ID.

~Nina
Untitled
Sharon B Member Since: May 5, 2018
1969 of 2,785

I am tryng to reach customer service. I cannot upload my ID - maximum number of attempts exceeded. Please help. THANKS.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1970 of 2,785

Hi Sharon, 

Someone from the team will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. Thank you!

Joanne
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS