cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3391 of 3,468

Thank you for following up, Paige.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Shpat I Member Since: May 13, 2019
3392 of 3,468

Hello,

I have been asked to upload me ID but I do not feel comfortable at all sending my personal data to a computer. I heard from my friend I can also do a video chat, and I am comfortable with showing my face, but not my personal data. 

How do I do a video ID? I am currently residing in NY.

If it is a MUST to upload my personal data, then it's a risk I am not willing to take, as I've had issues previously with attempted identity theft. 

Thanks

Rajab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2018
3393 of 3,468

Hello Shpat, don't worry about all you heard. In video verification, there will be some basic questions about your profile, expertise, and jobs. You just need to keep your National Identity Card with you during video verification. there is a verification option in your profile setting you have to scan your Identity card and upload it there. that's it. 

Shpat I Member Since: May 13, 2019
3394 of 3,468

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I have worked with Freelancer.com previouly which is where I had the problem of personal data invasion and still there are profiles with my name where I am not the owner.

Is there an option te be sent mail instead of putting my document online? I would much prefer that, and I am fine with showing my ID on video too, I just don't want to upload it.

Thanks

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3395 of 3,468

Hi Shpat,

We understand the importance of keeping your personal information secure and confidential. We have an extremely secure upload and storage tool with three layers of data encryption, allowing us to apply rigorous security standards while ensuring your identity verification documents remain in strictest confidence. Your identity info is only temporarily stored. Once we have verified it, it is deleted. We handle all verification data with the same degree of care that we give all Personally Identifiable Information, as explained in our Privacy Policy.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Md E Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
3396 of 3,468

Hi, you must upload your documents (ID) and complete your identity verification process. And fell comfortable with upwork. Every freelancer must go through this verification process. 

Video verification is another step of verification. You will be notified by upwork when you will need to complete the video verification process.

Without completing these steps you can not continue on upwork.

Scott D Member Since: May 14, 2019
3397 of 3,468

Hi there,

I am unable to verify my ID in the US and I am also unable to see any available work in the US for my Agency could you please help with these?

Thanks

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3398 of 3,468

Hi Scott,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Yara A Member Since: May 15, 2019
3399 of 3,468

hi ... i need help about how to Get my ID re-verified after i reached the maximum tries to verify it ?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3400 of 3,468

Hi Yara,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS