cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3481 of 3,914

Hi Cathy,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Catherine H Member Since: Jun 15, 2019
3482 of 3,914

I have created a profile, and when I tried to upload a pic of my ID, it failed the upload one try after the other. If I try to submit a proposal, I see the same error message above the top of each job post (pic attached). When I emailed customer support, they said to try and change the name on my profile to the name on my ID and it should just take 24 hours to update and I could move forward. I update my name from Cathy to Catherine (name on ID) but this doesn’t make any sense because there is no ID to compare it to since it wouldn’t upload. This is crazy. There is also no place on my profile, contact info area, etc where I may try to upload a photo again! Here is the email: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3483 of 3,914

Hi Catherine,

I can see that you`ve followed up directly on your ticket and one of our team members will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
Graham N Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
3484 of 3,914

Hi, I'm a fairly new user located in the United States. I'm also a United States citizen. I followed the instructions and took a picture of my (U.S.) passport for authentication — bio page, four corners visible, not blurry, etc. I think my thumb was in the frame, but I hope you'll forgive me for that.

I received a message that you were unable to authenticate it, and that you'd be following up via email. However, the email simply states that you've put my account on hold for "the safety of the marketplace." There are *no* next steps; no suggestions to resubmit; no instructions on who to contact to fix the matter. Can you please help?

Sidenote: if your automatic authentication system isn't up to snuff, you *might* want to have a better solution for handling this.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3485 of 3,914

Thank you for reaching out to us, Graham.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sarah P Member Since: Jun 20, 2019
3486 of 3,914

Hi, I need to verify my location (USA). I don't yet have any of the doucments for the automated process (I don't drive and I'm on a visa). How can I verify my location?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3487 of 3,914

Hi Sarah, 

I wanted to confirm if you have the proper work documents to be able to work on Upwork as a freelancer? It would be best to check with a legal authority if you can use your current visa to work as a freelancer in the U.S. If everything's in order, let me know so that I can check this for you. 

-Avery
Untitled
Natalia W Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
3488 of 3,914

Hi All,

I recently moved to London from San Francisco and am doing some freelance work. I want to be able to find work in the UK and in the US, but I can't seem to adjust my search settings. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Natalia

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3489 of 3,914

Hi Natalia,

The US-only setting isn't referring to the freelancer's country of origin. It allows clients to specify that they are looking for freelancers who are physically located in the U.S. at the moment. There may be various reasons why a client may use that option. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country a preferable way for them.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Natalia W Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
3490 of 3,914
Hi There!

Thanks so much. My problem isn't solved, though. I would like to see jobs
in the US and the UK. How do I change those settings in my profile? Or how
do I change those settings when looking for jobs?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS