cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Charo Rio W Member Since: Aug 19, 2019
3601 of 3,651

Hi there, I just moved here in the US and trying to find job that says the US only. Upwork asking for an Identification like a green card. I don't have any identification yet  except my employment permit as my Greencard application is still pending and upwork did not accept it.  

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3602 of 3,651

Hi Charo Rio,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Chi Tou L Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
3603 of 3,651

Hello, I am fully authorized to work in the US with my F-1 OPT, but the verification insists me to give out the State ID/Driver's Licence/Green Card/Passport, which I have neither except my EAD card. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3604 of 3,651

Hi Ryan, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and Ithey will get in touch with you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Ian B Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
3605 of 3,651

Upwork's automated bot is being finicky.  Indiana recently changed how all the new driver Licenses look. No matter how many times I try to upload my lD, it keeps saying that I uploaded a form of ID that is not supported. Quite frankly, I should be speaking to Upworks technical team and not asking the entire Upwork community, but I suppose they insist on this communal Q&A workaround.  Help would be appreciated. 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3606 of 3,651

I pinged a moderator for you.

Ian B Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
3607 of 3,651

Thank you so much! 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3608 of 3,651

Hi Ian, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. I apologise if this experience has been an inconvenience.

-Avery
Untitled
Blanca M Member Since: Aug 22, 2019
3609 of 3,651

I am trying to register at Upwork, but after I enter all my information, I receive this message: Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security. I entered my phone number, but the button "verify my phone number" doesn't seem to work in any browser. How could I verify my phone number?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3610 of 3,651

Hi Blanca,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS