Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4041 of 4,592

Hi Megan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Megan M Member Since: Jan 28, 2020
4042 of 4,592
tysm for the quick help Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Helen K Member Since: Jan 28, 2020
4043 of 4,592

Hi,

The submit proposal button isn't working because my ID wasn't verified? Not sure what to do now.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4044 of 4,592

Hi Helen, 

Looks like you are yet to verify your location. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Selene S Member Since: Jan 30, 2020
4045 of 4,592

I signed up with Gmail and my Username was misspelled, but I wanted to use a pen name.

Then, I was prompted to verify with id. I changed my name on the profile to my given name, and uploaded a picture of my id.

The system has blocked me saying I've had too many attempts to correct the issue.

Can a rep please assist me with this.

I don't mind customers seeing my name on the invoices or privately, but I'd like to keep the pen name on the profile. I have a few proposals out there. Please help.

Thanks

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4046 of 4,592

Hi Selene, 

I checked your account and can confirm that you were being requested to verify your location. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

As for your pen name, we have stated in this help article that the information on any of the verification documents you submit (when requested to verify your account) should match the information on your Upwork profile. As such, we will need to be able to match the identity documents you submit for any verification with the information on your Upwork profile. As such, it would be best to use your legal name, or a variation of your first name on your Upwork profile to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Umit T Member Since: Feb 5, 2020
4047 of 4,592

It seems like I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID to verify my identity so that I can access all jobs. What should I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
4048 of 4,592

Go to settings then cross to identity verification. If you are not able to upload please touch Upwork assist center. Verification can not guarantee to post the proposal. Before observe Upwork will approve your ID.

Have a good day!

Joynul Abedin
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4049 of 4,592

Hi Umit,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Elena S Member Since: Feb 6, 2020
4050 of 4,592

Hello! why my account still paused ? I wrote few letters and you didnt answer me