cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Highlighted
Star N Member Since: May 14, 2020
4301 of 4,547
My ID verification failed. Its my up to date license and a picture that was clear. Why did it fail and why can i not talk to an actual human about it?
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4302 of 4,547

Hi Star,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Anjali A Member Since: May 16, 2020
4303 of 4,547
Hi - I uploaded my ID but I received a message that upwork was unable to verify me. Since then it’s been more than a day, but I haven’t received any email regarding video verification nor am I Getting an option to upload my ID again. Please help. Thanks!
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4304 of 4,547

Hi Anjali,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Anjali A Member Since: May 16, 2020
4305 of 4,547
Thank you so much!
Highlighted
Liliia R Member Since: May 19, 2020
4306 of 4,547
Hi , I have a work permit as the only ID government document , but system won’t verify it . Can it be verified manually by your support team ?
Highlighted
4307 of 4,547

Hi Liliia,

If the person has a legal permit or a type of visa needed to legally work in the U.S., they can register and work on Upwork as a freelancer. To be able to verify your location and submit proposals to those jobs with a US location requirement, you will need either of the following - a driver’s license, state ID card, US passport, Green Card. People located in the U.S. will need to complete their W-9 form in their Settings in order to access their earnings. We do suggest talking to a legal adviser about completing a W-9 form and the information/documents necessary for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to legally advise about it.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Courtney T Member Since: May 21, 2020
4308 of 4,547

I am trying to apply for a job posting and was asked to verify my name and upload a government issued ID. When I uploaded my U.S. passport it returned a message saying that it was unable to verify my ID and that I should check my email for more information. The email said there is now a hold placed on my account and I cannot submit new proposals. This is very time sensitive and I would appreciate anyone's help in solving this.

Highlighted
4309 of 4,547

Hi Courtney,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
michael s Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
4310 of 4,547

I am a US citizen but will move out of the country in some months. Can I keep bidding on US-only jobs?