Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

indiramcguire
Indira M Member Since: Apr 15, 2021
4861 of 4,958

Hi, I uploaded my ID once and got this message:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4862 of 4,958

Hi Indira,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e4c7b7df
Syed Z Member Since: Apr 18, 2021
4863 of 4,958

The Upwork account requires me to upload the following documents for id verification. 

State id, US passport, Green card, Driver's license. 

I do not have the aforementioned documents that are required here. I have the passport ( with entry stamp and current valid US address). Utility bills to prove my residence. 

I don't understand how can I prove my identity here?  

The passport that I upload is always rejected. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4864 of 4,958

Hi Syed,

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about the acceptable documents.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
daveydevs
Dave A Member Since: Apr 20, 2021
4865 of 4,958

Good afternoon!

I just submitted a photo of  my ID and was just notified that it was unable to authenticate and my account was put on hold. It did not include any next steps for how to remedy the situation. Would someone be able to help me find how to fix this? Thanks for any help! 

- Dave A

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4866 of 4,958

Hi Dave,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
daveydevs
Dave A Member Since: Apr 20, 2021
4867 of 4,958

Joanne, 

Thank you so much for your quick reply and assistance! I will look for further communication from your team. Have a great night.

- Dave

beenish_najam
Beenish N Member Since: Apr 20, 2021
4868 of 4,958

I just got my first job and my ID verification is due. I have a flight to catch and wanted to know that can i verify myself from when i reach lisbon? will this be an issue? i will be in lisbon for a week. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4869 of 4,958

Hi Beenish,

You may proceed with complying with the requested ID verification. In case our team needs additional information from you to complete the verification process, they will let you know directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
scantrell1
Lashondra D Member Since: Apr 23, 2021
4870 of 4,958

Hi, 

can anyone help.

I was trying to upload a picture of my id to verify my location and it says I have reached my maximum number of attempts. 

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS