Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

95ca6d13
Georgiy L Member Since: Jul 11, 2021
5111 of 5,187

I have this message on my page when I try to post bids:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

THe issue is that my ID was verified succesfully a week ago and my profile shows it. THe request came up after some agency proposed me work on upwork and requested verification. Looks like it is a bug in the system the "client" tried to exploit

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
5112 of 5,187

Hi Georgiy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lauraricardo20
Laura R Member Since: Jul 20, 2021
5113 of 5,187

I need to verify my ID. I've requested through Support, but it says I will get an email, and I have not received it to complete the Video Chat verification. Help!

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
5114 of 5,187

Hi Laura,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d5fa06ea
Christina H Member Since: Jul 22, 2021
5115 of 5,187

I just started on Upwork. I started the ID verification process but there's an issue with my current drivers' license. I was married in August of 2019. Between finishing up two degrees at once and then Covid, I never had a chance to change my license. I changed my name with my school though so my degrees have my married name on them. We moved in December last year and, because of the cost and the DMV being closed down (now open but still cost issues) I still haven't been able to change my ID. I have my marriage certificate and a notarized affidavit from the homeowner proving my residency. We live with family so there's no lease. My bank accounts were changed to my married name as well. So my cards have that name, but not my social security number. So when I uploaded my license to Upwork ID verification, it has the wrong name AND the wrong address on it. But there's not space to add additional documents. I called and found my way to the human resources dept and I left a message. I don't know if there's anything else I can do, though. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5116 of 5,187

Hi Christina,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
pbansal6
Prabuddha B Member Since: May 31, 2021
5117 of 5,187

Hello

I am not able to view US Only jobs and apply to them. I don't know why this is happening as I am based in the US, and have active contracts and completed jobs from the US. Can you please fix the bug?

Thanks!

Prabu

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5118 of 5,187

Hi Prabuddha,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3f0a6fb7
John David S Member Since: Jul 27, 2021
5119 of 5,187
Hello, I'm new to the platform and cannot submit any proposals. The system keeps rejecting my ID stating my name doesn't match, which it does! I've submitted an email two days ago but have received no response. There is still an error message at the top of my screen saying I have exceeded the number of attempts to upload verification of my identity and to contact customer support. Does support exist?
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5120 of 5,187

Hi John David,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS