🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Kelly,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mouses_
Community Member

I'm having the same problem as others in this thread. I've tried to upload my passport several times and it now says I've reached the maximum attempts. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Moses,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
ashkanpourghasem
Community Member

Hey,I'm having trouble uploading my ID. I checked the image and it met all the standards, but it failed the verification process every time.How can I proceed?

Hi Ashkan,

A member of our customer support team will reach out via support ticket and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lolalilacs
Community Member

I tried to submit a picture of my ID, made sure to follow all of the rules and it was correct when sending it and it's saying it didn't work and that I've ran out of submissions

Hi Briana,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
glradha18
Community Member

I am unable to upload my Driver's License to upwork for verification as the maximum number of times have been reached. Can someone help in resetting the upload count.

Hi Radha,

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you via email to assist you in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs. I uploaded the driver license. 

Hi Steve, Noriko, and Pham Thi,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you via email and assist you directly in uploading your ID to complete the location verification process. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
norikod
Community Member

I would like a help in verifying the account. I uploaded my driver's license but since it did not match my business address I entered as the contact address, it didn't verify. Since then I updated my address to my home address, and added my business address as the address shown on the invoice. Now I am seeing the message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." Thank you in advance for your help.

latorresteve
Community Member

I've reached the maximum amount of times I can upload my ID. I've tried uploading my ID several times but it can not be read for some reason. How can I resolve this issue?

jeremyfreeman
Community Member

When attempting to submit a proposal for my first job, I keep getting the error "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID" but it does not give me any information on how to resolve this issue. I tried to upload a picture of my ID a while back but it errored out each time. I am now continuously getting this error.

Please help!

Hi Jeremy,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you via email and assist you directly in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
imjake
Community Member

Good Afternoon, I also need to re upload my verification. Can you provide a link or instructions. 

Hi Jacob,

One of the customer support team members will reach out via support ticket to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
cris-bub
Community Member

I also was unable to have my ID photo uploaded and reached the maximum number of attempts 😞

mcnameeking
Community Member

Keep getting this error: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I'm unable to submit proposals and haven't found a way to fix this on my own. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Mairead,

One of the customer support team members will reach out to you via email and assist you directly in uploading your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jules-wood
Community Member

My identity approval is not going through when I upload my driver's license. I've attempted to upload several times, with all images meeting the requirements. I have a CA driver's license and everything atches (name, address, etc). Now I've reached the maximum number of attempts and was told to reach out to Upwork - yet I'm stuck with this commmunity thing instead of a direct line to support. 

If there's a better way to verify my account and release this weird hold on it resulting from my attempts failing, please let me know.

Hi Jules,

One of the customer support team members will reach out via support ticket and assist you directly in uploading your ID for location verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
scha0987
Community Member

When I load a photo from my iPhone it won’t verify it
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jamie, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
gregory-quarles
Community Member

No one seems to care to help from upwork, I need work, I have gone homeless trying to get verified

Hi Gregory, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sonyzeous
Community Member

i tried to put my ID to verfy but it keeps telling me its not able to read it. how to verify my identity now? so that you can access all jobs?

gwendolynart
Community Member

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

I contacted you guys @ upwork about this several weeks ago and have heard nothing back and am unable to bid for projects. For some reason, when I upload a pic of my state id to establish I'm in the US, it kept getting rejected and I tried to contact CS for help.

I got a stock form reply telling me nothing that wasn't already on the help page and didn't give me the option to send an email or contact form. I posted on a thread where people were getting help & responces; I got no help or responce. So I'm making a post about it, in hopes someone will contact me and help me with this common problem for a lot of ppl.

Gwendolyn R wrote:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Not sure if it is connected, but you must not use a (whatever that is) as your profile picture, you have to use a clear photo of yourself.

How would you verify that you are in fact the person shown on your ID when your profile picture shows (whatever that is)...

Hi Gwendolyn, and Sony, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
crazywerks
Community Member

My submitted ID verification image met all requirements and was still not accepted. Could you please send me a secure email to send my ID image to be verified?

Hi Brett,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
thesmartmedia
Community Member

I am unable to verify the identity. 

Hi Bashir,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jakebroselle
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID for verification and it did not work. Now it says my maximum number of tries has been reached and to contact support, but all contact support does is direct me to FAQ's. 1 chance to upload ID correctly seems ridiculous. Not sure how the community can help in this situation, but I figured I'd give it a try. Please help. 

Hi Luna and Jake,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am still waiting to hear from someone who can assist me in verifying my ID. Customer support has been non-existent thus far. Please help. 

Thank you, 

Jake 

Hi Jake,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lskeetbrowning
Community Member

Hello there! Just wondering how to upload my government ID... I received multiple messages with each new attempt saying that there was trouble with the format, and can no longer locate the link to continue to try to upload. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated! 

beguhe-nocero
Community Member

I failed to verify my government id to access all jobs. Someone, please help me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths