🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Nocero,

One of our team members will reach out to you through an email to assist you with location verification. 

fonseca1993
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to apply to jobs but it does not let me do it because it tellls me 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs

I tried to send a copy of my ID but it does not go thorugh 

Hi Alejandra, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will assist you with your location verification. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
cchimko
Community Member

I am getting an error message that "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID - Please contact customer service." There doesn't seem to be a way to contact customer service other than posting to this forum. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Corey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
carnette88
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Please help. No notification or request that I see. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cory.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gmsilvey
Community Member

Can't verify my id using drivers license. Keep getting an error. Now the instructions are to contact support.

Following the links I end up here.

What do I need to do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Garry,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
brenr
Community Member

Hello all:

I have tried (a few times) to verify my ID by uploading a .png .jpeg of my drivers license. This is not working.

I'm not sure why but perhaps it's because my state issued ID, by design, has lines running through the photo.

I have emailed support as well as asked in replies to those support emails about getting on an ID verfication video chat. 

For whatever reason, the support staff answering my emails is not addressing any of  my mentions/requests for the video chat ID verification. I am being  advised to use the upload process (which I'm not having luck with). So it feels a bit like I'm starting to go in circles.

Does anyone know the best way to get on a video chat with Upwork to verifty my ID? I'd really like to get this taken care of.

Thanks!

Brennan

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bren.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lskeetbrowning
Community Member

Hello there! I have reached the maximum attempts to upload a government ID (still not sure why it wasn't accepting the photo) and don't how to proceed from here! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Hi!

I'm getting the same error: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

When I try to contact support, I get only links to articles.

Please help!

Hi Luna and Mykola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kadefitzpatrick
Community Member

After it denying multiple different .jpg and .png versions of my ID picture, it locked me out and I cannot submit my ID now.

Hi Kade, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ericasimpson
Community Member

I need help with getting my driver license validated. I tried to upload it on the website but to no avail it could not validate. So, now I have to wait for a representative to get in contact with me. And I look through my email and nothing yet from Upwork about my Driver License. Who can I speak with to just give my dl and the support team just uploads it to the account.

I am having the same exact issue! I first tried my license, and then tried my passport as well. Both with no success 😞

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erica, and Orlielle, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you both to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
delainiserah
Community Member

I'm having this issues as well. I did not change my name, but I did sign up recently and am just starting to use this account. I don't see where to upload the ID.

Hi Serah, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
creartinc
Community Member

Hi,

I'm a new immigrant and I still don't have my green card printed yet (I have the case number which shows that petition is approaved but it hasn't been printed yet), I have my immigrant visa which is valid for the whole year. And I can also upload my social security card if necessary.

Thanks

Hi Bilal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
iworkwithmodels
Community Member

THAT LINK YOU PROVIDED DOESNT EXIST.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jayanthy and Sergio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jay_ambady
Community Member

Facing same issue, As per your suggestion I got the option only to ask the communtity, no where it is allowing me to raise a ticket. Please guide. My account is blocked

samanthahartman
Community Member

I am also having this issue and when I click the green 'contact customer support' bar it brings me to this. I have submitted multiple ID photos and none of them are accepted.

ddexterreyes
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID couple of times because I'm not getting good image. I took the last picture but when I check my account I got this message: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please help me out. Thank you

Hi Samantha and Dan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aewington
Community Member

Hello - totally confused, I uploaded my diving licence through the Upwork upload box - immediately emailed to be told I failed my ID Verification (?? Why ??) and the account was now on 'hold' - but there was no follow up action - just that... what am I supposed to do now to get this approved? Please help! Thanks - Andi

Hi Andi, We followed up with the team and they will update you directly via a support ticket regarding the verification. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I'm having the same problem. Is there a way to re-upload the ID and try verification again?

I'd like to know how to verify my location with Upwork. I initially received a prompt to upload a picture of an ID (and I submitted a Driver's license, unrotated, unedited) and my account was subsequently put on hold. In addition, I can't seem to find anywhere to attempt this again (it just says contact customer support, which I also couldn't find. So now I'm here).

I'd like to resolve this issue and any information or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don't have a drivers liscense. I don't have a green card. I don't have a passport. I'm 18 all I have is my my non-driver's identification arkansas ID. With not being able to verify my ID this website is pointless. I cannot submit proposals. 

Hi All,

We followed up with the team and they will update you directly via a support ticket regarding the verification. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I also received an email from Upwork (a ticket had been opened) stating that the verification process was reset so that I could re-upload my ID. However, I cannot. How can this be resolved? This situation is making me very wary about working with this platform... I can't contact anyone besides posting here in the forum. It's a little unnerving.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Christine,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've tried to upload a decently cropped  picture of my ID but the verification always seems to fail, no matter how perfect the picture. Not sure what to do, I can't submit to any jobs because of this. 

Hi Thomas,

Please retry uploading your ID and follow the steps provided on this help article. If you still experience issues uploading your ID for location verification, please let us know so we can assist you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Mine is advising the maximum attempts to load my ID has been reached. I am trying to figure out what can be done next? I have already changed my name to match my ID as it wasnt already changed as im recently married.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths