🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Adrianna, 

It looks like your account is now closed. Please let us know if our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey, my account reached the maximum attempts on for my identification card. Can you reset this number so that I can go back and change my profile picture to better match my state identification that Upwork cannot recognize?  

Hi Nathaneal,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
enaganti_ramya
Community Member

Hi,

I Cannot Upload my Drivers License, I tried it multiple times and now it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Please Help!

Hi Ramya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What ticket?? This same thing happened to me and I'm in a cycle of craziness trying to figure out what to do.  Please help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Toni, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email to assist you with your location verification. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
adonn1
Community Member

ID verification would not take my Illinois State ID and I ran out of tries.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aidan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kadefitzpatrick
Community Member

It keeps giving me like 3 chances to enter my ID, and it keeps denying all 3 of them. I am submitting adequate pictures of my drivers license and it is still not working.

Hi Kade,

I see that the Customer Support team has reached out to you directly via this support ticket to address this concern. Please refer to the ticket for additional details.

~ Bojan
Upwork
walkforr
Community Member

I have submitted my ID with my address and name and face matching what is on my profile but I still got rejected. How long does it take for customer service to reach out to you via email or is there another hidden step I must take to get my ID verified so I can start getting work?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Walker,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cindyadh
Community Member

Unable to upload ID also. It says that I have attempted it too many times. Please assist. 

I'm having the same issue. I hope someone is able to help us soon. 😞

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julie, Cindy, Ching, and Andrea,

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you so much! Support was able to get me going. 🙂

Have a great rest of your day!

youngchingjui
Community Member

Hello,

I'm also having this issue. I uploaded my passport photo many times, but the machine kept rejecting my uploads. I went home to take more pictures of my passport, hoping this will help. But I don't have the option to upload the pictures anymore.

I also can't find a direct email or hotline to reach. Am posting in this long forum in the hopes that it will help.

Thank you!

andrea-stambaugh
Community Member

I uploaded multiple pictures of my ID and every time it said that it couldn’t validate my ID. I believe that all those pictures met the requirements so I’m confused as to why that’s happening. Please help, I’m ready to apply for jobs!!
kelly728
Community Member

I created my Upwork profile awhile ago but haven't really used it. Today, I went in to update it and noticed it had my old last name. I went into settings and updated it, and it has been changed and is showing correctly. But, I keep getting a pop-up that says: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

I didn't try to upload a new ID today, I just typed in my name. The Customer Support bot tells me there should be a link from Contact Info in the settings that will allow me to submit identity verification but there isn't one, so I don't know what to do. I'm also showing no Connects (even though I haven't used any) and I can't submit for any jobs.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelly, 

It looks like you are being requested to verify your account through this support ticket. Kindly refer to the ticket for further instructions on how you can complete your verification. Once completed, this temporary limitation should be lifted on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
larkrose
Community Member

It says the link doesn't exist

Hi Rojina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need help verifing my ID please. 🙂

FRUSTRATING, how is there no live agents in that chat? What is this 2008?

braziwaiian
Community Member

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID, which was only once. How can I verify with my retired military ID?

Hi Lisa,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!
brittany_lowrey
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to do ID verification last night, but it didn't accept my photo. I'm now trying to do video verification, but never received an email with a link, even though my setting let through all Upwork messages, and I've checked my spam/junk folders.  Similarly, when I sign into my account, the Action Required message directing me to video chat (the one that's shown on the troubleshooting page) doesn't show up.  Can you please help?

Thanks!

Hi Brittany,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Brittany
kellyhuegerich
Community Member

I uploaded my id, again, and received a message that my id was rejected and I would receive an email explaining why. Email has not been received. Not sure what is going on.

Hi Kelly,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hanan-h
Community Member

I've attempted unsuccessful verification numerous times and have now given the impression of fraudulent activity. I am now denied access to verification. How may I reverse this?

Thank you,

Hasan.

petra_r
Community Member

Hanan H wrote:

I've attempted unsuccessful verification numerous times

How were you hoping to verify that you are the person you say you are and the person on your profile when you are using a picture that is of someone else (and someone else's copyright?)

Hanan H wrote:

I have now given the impression of fraudulent activity.

It's not "an impression" - that is exactly what it is.

hanan-h
Community Member

Hello Petra R,

Yes, I did use a different image assuming it was safe since it was not rejected, and perhaps that played a segment of the issue. 

I've never used an image of myself online, including my social media accounts, as I know anything that comes in contact with the internet is irreversible, and I did not feel comfortable in doing so.

However, I do understand that it is for the security and reliability of users relative to entrepenuers, and that to be an official, verified member I am required to utilize an official image, perhaps to also match the image of my ID to my profile picture.

Despite my profile picture, I do believe my account had not been verified due to inadequate information or improper uploads of my ID, as initially I attempted to upload (about thrice) a school ID assuming it to be a form of a state ID since I have yet to recieve a driver's license, but clearly it was not (I assumed the pictures were not taking properly at first, but then realized it was not an acceptable ID). I then uploaded a PDF of my passport to dicover that PDF was not a supportive file type. I eventually found a hard copy of my passport and scanned it successfully, though when I uploaded it into the box a portion of the passport had not been revealed. By then, the system was alarmed, and I was no longer able to make any more attempts.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and I did not and do not (intentionally) intend any harm Mrs.Petra, it was only a misunderstanding. If a valid ID of a profile picture will hinder my employment, do let me know.

Thank you for your response, and thank you for your time,

Hasan.

Hi Hanan,

We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

Thank you.

uskulled
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to become a freelancer on this website. I have gone all the way through the process but getting hung up on the Identity Verification. My name is different on my license because I am a JR and it wont let me verify the image.

How can I proceed?

Hi Michael, 

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives would reach out to you shortly. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths