🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I am having the same issues, and my scanned state ID wasn't even cropped, blurry or anything. I tried to look for a customer support email address that I can send my scanned ID, scanned utility bills etc to prove identity and location. If anyone knows how to resolve this, please HELP.

Okay, it took some digging. I was able to contact support by phone *edited for Community Guidelines**

Hope this helps! 

Thank you! I'm probably gonna have to wait calling because it is almost 10 pm where I am now (Oregon) lol 

Unless, do you know if they have 24/7 support? I have tried emailing support@upwork.com to see if it works. No reply. Probably an automated reply bot. 

Anyway, thank you Kiara!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joede Honey, 

I'll have a member of the Customer Support Team reach out to you via your support ticket to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Kiara, 

Please check your support ticket here as the Customer Support Team has posted an update. 

~ Avery
Upwork
diesch
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile as a freelancer for Upwork. However, the last step is getting a text message verification code and it is not coming to my phone. I am getting other texts and have not had issues like this for any other companies doing verfication codes and have restarted my phone to no avail. Can anyone help with this problem?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Scotty,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I've tried to upload three different images of my Driving License for location Verification  but, It could not Validate, Now that functionality is locked out and asking me to contact support, Please assist me

Hello Arka,

I have esclated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I've not been contacted yet by anyone. I'm not able to submit proposals.

Ashley, Arka and Ehren,

I've requested that one of our representatives get in touch with each of you to help assist with the ID verification.

~Nina

If I were to register for US-only jobs, who is my driver license information shared with?

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Arthur,

Uploading your driver's license is used to verify your identity. Your documents will be safely secured in our system and won't be accessed by any unauthorized personnel. Once your driver's lincense is approved, your account hold will be lifted (if there's any) and you'll be able to submit proposals to US-only jobs. Thank you!

Untitled
pmalz
Community Member

Too many failed attempts. Calling on support to get this sorted out. I guess I have to have the "perfect" example to upload. Tips apart from what the requirements suggest are welcome.

Thank you 

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Peter,

One of our team members will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. Thank you.

Untitled

I tried to upload a photograph of my driver's license and it was rejected multiple times. Now the website states I have exceeded the maximum number of tries and must contact customer service to verify my location. How can I get my location verified? 

Hello Helena,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi I can't seem to upload my ID and i need help please. Thank you.

Hi Bryanna, 

I've notified the Customer Support Team that you are having issues with verifying your location. They will reach out to you to assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have reached the maximum numbers if tries to upload my ID. Could you please help with that issue, cause I can't contact customer support directly.

Thanks a lot!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alena Helen, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm trying to verify my location so I can submit proposals but my license has expired and I have none of the other permissible government issued IDs. How can I verify I live in the United States?

Easy. Just renew your license. Most states will even let you do that over the internet or by mail.

If it were that "easy" or this was a feasible/viable solution, I wouldn't have made this post. I need option other than renewing my license. Thanks!

Hi Ehren, Janean is right, just renew your license. If you don't have any other governement ID's or your license is expired, you cannot be verified. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Jo-an,

Even after renewing my license online, I would need to upload an image of it, which would still indicate expiration until a new physical license is mailed to me, which could take weeks. That's why I am asking for a different, swifter solution.

Furthermore, for me it's not as simple as "just renew". If it were, why would I have made this post? It's honestly a little insulting.

I owe money that must also be paid before my license can be renew, not being able to secure projects/contracts inhibits my ability to make that money, to renew my license, to verify my location.

Can I not just upload a lease, or bill, or pay stub, or something similar that proves I reside in the US?

Hi Ehren,

Our team will assist you further on your ticket that was opened for this. If you have any additional questions please post them on your ticket so that our team can assist you in finishing the verification process. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

I  checked my requests but I don't see a ticket related to this situation. Can you issue a new one, or hve someone at Upwork contact me?

Hello,

I am a new freelancer on upwork and i was asked to verify my location. I tried to verify my location using my DL but i received the email from upwork support team today that they could not athenticate the id i uploaded and my accout in on hold.

Someone please help me.

Thanks

dj256
Community Member

Yes I was trying to upload my ID, because I'm seeking US Jobs and it rejected me. I tried to use my old alabama ID because it has the mathcing address but it rejected me can someone please help me resolve this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shadrick and Jason,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
cmp123
Community Member

I was thinking do i need a driver id to show to upwork?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Craig,

You can also finish up our text verification process, one of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
mcreel
Community Member

I've been trying to upload a .png of my ID for verification, but for some reason I've been getting an error regarding a name mismatch.The name on my ID is formatted as LAST FIRST MIDDLE so I don't understand the issue. Now the US only page shows "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. "

Thanks for any help you can give

Michael

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, and Andrew, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you both to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I exceeded my allowed number of attempts to upload my photo ID. How do I reinitiate uploading my picture?

I also can't submit any proposals to jobs, the button 'submit proposal' is 'grey' and not clickable. Can I not apply for jobs because my ID isn't verified?

Thanks in advance

Hi Dean,

Our team will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I can't find an option where I can submit document to verify identity. Also I am unable to call or email support group.

Go to the ?  i.e help symbol on the home page. you will find the search option there . Search the identity verification you will find the link there.

Hello Murtaza,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths