🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I can't access my account fully and submit proposals...

Hi Adam, 

I've asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading my ID to Upwork.

The error message told me to contact support and it led me here. 

I'm new to the site and would love to start proposing but for some reason my current drivers license isn't being recognized by the site. It's a new California ID.

Thanks!

Hi Roel,

Our customer support will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I submitted my driver's license but I guess the photo was upside down.  I emailed support and they got back to me with a survey of how their support was rather than actually giving any support.  Help!  I just need my ID verified.  

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

We'll have an agent reach out to you very shortly to help assist with your location verification.

~Nina

I need to upload my ID. Despite following the specs for uploading my documents, I am receiving this message: 

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

I can't seem to find a way to contact customer support and I am unable to complete my profile and submit proposals.

Margo,

It looks like you were able to get in touch with our support team regarding this, but please feel free to reach back out if you still need assistance.

~Nina

My green card is pending, but I am legally allowed to work by USCIS and just received my EAD - employment authorization document.

Problem: auto system doesn't recognize EAD for identity verification. What can I do?

Hi Xiao,

At present, the only documents accepted for verifying US location are U.S driver's license, State ID card, U.S Passport or Green Card, unfortunately we would not be able to use EAD to verify location.

~Nina

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Hi Oleg,

Please go ahead and click on the question mark to the right of the 'Find Jobs' search box, and then click on Help & Support. You'll then be able to click the green "Get Help" button towards the bottom of the page which will allow you to create a support ticket so that the team can assist you with completing the verification.

~Nina

Thanks Nina. There is no such option as "create a support ticket". The "Get Help" option only allows me to ask Community. Please advise. 

Hi Oleg,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
xeroku
Community Member

I've tried to verify my location, but I guess I tried to many times. I don't know how to get this fixed

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Anthony,

Have you tried creating a ticket by clicking the contact customer support link when you try to submit proposals US-only jobs? If you are still not able to create a ticket, please respond to this thread. Please see screenshot attached.contactSS.JPG Thank you.

Untitled

My ID to verify US status is not being accepted. I see no way to contact anyone at Upwork directly. Please let me know how I can resolve.

Hi Amy,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

Hi All,

I went to submit my ID and the camera I had on my Computer must of been too fuzzy or blurry, because it did not accept it then after a couple more tries; my account became locked. Now I need Customer Supports help to re-submit or unlock my account.

Thank You

Hi Leighton, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I was trying to verify my location to start using Upwork and I was informed that my account was put on hold due to my ID.  Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bhakti, 

The team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I have my government IDs to add to my account, and i don't know where to find the place in my profile as it is already an active account. I get the message "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." on the top of all of the pages I search.  I only tried to upload once months ago.  I can't find a chat, email or phone to contact customer service.

Hi Sarah,

The green "contact customer support" notification you mentioned seeing on your account is a link, so if you click on it you will be able to open a ticket to customer support and they can assist you with successfully uploading your ID.

~Nina

Not sure what I have to do, but my ID wasn't accepted, so it has locked me out. I contacted support, they said the name didnt match on my ID (Middle name added to ID). So support told me to change my name to match my license. I did. I tried uploading after i seen it was change in my account and at the top right of my upwork screen it displays FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME. I tried uploading and I get the error that my name doesnt match. I am now locked out again. 

I am a veteran of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, of course I am a citizen. Why can't support look at my ID, verify the problem like they did, then APPROVE it! Not let me keep going through the hassle of this automated ID verification system that is in place which obviously has issues. 

Since I am locked out, now I don't know where to go... No response from support, I am going on days 3-4 of this ID verification issue. Please help. 

Attached a snip of the LATEST error of my names not matching. They are IDENTICAL.

Hi Jason,

We will have one of our agents assist you with your verification troubles via the open tickets you have about this issue.

~Nina

Hello, I'm new here and trying to upload my documents for Identity Verifcation... Well it's not working no matter what I do. And now it says I'm out of tries and to contact customer support. Only when I click the link to email them, it only takes me to some weird place in my computer. But it won't show me their email address. Whatever I try to do through the site does not work. I just need their support email or to be contacted by whoever is in charge here. Please, this is urgent! Thanks in advance for any help. ♥ 

Hi Kaline,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Can we upload a drivers license with the address and drivers license number blotted out? If not, why not?

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately no, this information are used to verify your location. We are always sending a secure link where you can upload your ID, Upwork does not share any private information that is received from our freelancers and clients. If you have additional questions let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I took a photo of my driver's license to verify my identification, but the system is saying that it doesn't match my name on here (it does). How can I remedy this?

I'm having a similar problem. The verification keeps failing.

Hi Kristina, 

When you apply to a U.S. job post, you should be able to see the "Contact Customer Support" link. You will be put directly in contact with our Customer Support Team. Let us know if this doesn't work, and we'll assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery. I'm not seeing the contact link for customer support. 

Hi Kristina, Mike, and Austin, 

I'll go ahead and ask the Customer Support Team to reach out to you separately to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried multiple time to upload my diver's license for the location verification and it failed each time and I was locked out from trying again and requested to contact Customer Support.

Where do I fo to upload my ID and statement?

Hi Diane,

Please go ahead and click on a job posting in your job feed or anywhere on Upwork, and at the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you to upload your ID documents.

~Nina

Hello,

I submitted my ID for verification and received an email immdiately indicating that my account was on hold  because they could not authenitcate the ID I uploaded.  Would I need to resubmit the ID or is there another solution to remove the hold from my account.

Thanks,

Will F.

Hi William,

Please click on a job in your job feed and at the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support. If you go ahead and click the green link, it will allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your ID verification issue.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths