cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Theone G Member Since: Mar 5, 2018
171 of 4,057

I'm getting the following message when trying to upload my driver's license.

"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded. ..."

Can someone please help me?

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
172 of 4,057

Hi Theone,

One of our team members will reach out to you very shortly to help assist you with this.

~Nina
Jill B Member Since: Oct 17, 2017
173 of 4,057

I'm also receiving the same message "Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support."

Can a customer support agent please contact me?

Thank you

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
174 of 4,057

Hi Jill,

Our team will follow up with you soon and assist you directly.

Melissa M Member Since: Nov 10, 2017
175 of 4,057

I'm also receiving the same message after submitting a passport image that was denied. Can someone help me resubmit verification?

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
176 of 4,057

Hi Melissa,

A member of our team will reach out shortly to further assist you with verifying your location.

Lanie M
Untitled
John B Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
177 of 4,057

I'm also receiving the same error message even though I used the bank account location verification.

Sara W Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
178 of 4,057

Hello everyone, I am hoping that someone here can help me. I wish to apply for some U.S. only jobs but I am have been unable to upload my I.D. I have attempted emailing

support@upwork.com 

twice, first almost a month ago (that message bounced back) and then most recently a week ago, but I have received no reply.

I attempted to upload my ID to Upwork's site several times, but for some reason, it unfortunately will not work and I have now been locked out. The site states that I have exceeded the "allowed upload attempts" and it directs me to contact support. I believe that I followed the guidelines including DPI, so I am not able to figure out what happened. When I would upload a picture, it would at first seem to be uploaded properly, but upon inspection, the file appeared to actually be blank or possibly corrupted. At least one time, the upload would start, but would then freeze (even though I had an excellent internet connection and I was not having trouble with any other online activity).

Can someone from Upwork please help me? I attempted to upload two different images of my ID, thinking that there was maybe something wrong with the first one, but it wouldn't take the second one, either. On my first email to Upwork, I tried to attach them in order to ask if there was something wrong with them, but the message was bounced back to me and said that the max size for a message to support is 5 MB. Is there some way that I can send a copy of my ID to Upwork so that you can review if there is something wrong with the file, please? Otherwise will you please reset my account so that I am able to try uploading again?

Thank you!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
179 of 4,057

Hi Sara,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any support tickets you submitted previously from your account. I will ask one of our agents to create one for you and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Leon D Member Since: Dec 9, 2017
180 of 4,057

Can't verify location. Uploaded valid passport used for Visa applications and the system automatically rejected. There is no way to submit different crops or alternate IDs. There is no way to call or contact support in any way. I am dumped into this forum. Please help me. How do I contact someone at Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS