cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Highlighted
John B Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
181 of 4,322

I'm also receiving the same error message even though I used the bank account location verification.

Highlighted
Sara W Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
182 of 4,322

Hello everyone, I am hoping that someone here can help me. I wish to apply for some U.S. only jobs but I am have been unable to upload my I.D. I have attempted emailing

support@upwork.com 

twice, first almost a month ago (that message bounced back) and then most recently a week ago, but I have received no reply.

I attempted to upload my ID to Upwork's site several times, but for some reason, it unfortunately will not work and I have now been locked out. The site states that I have exceeded the "allowed upload attempts" and it directs me to contact support. I believe that I followed the guidelines including DPI, so I am not able to figure out what happened. When I would upload a picture, it would at first seem to be uploaded properly, but upon inspection, the file appeared to actually be blank or possibly corrupted. At least one time, the upload would start, but would then freeze (even though I had an excellent internet connection and I was not having trouble with any other online activity).

Can someone from Upwork please help me? I attempted to upload two different images of my ID, thinking that there was maybe something wrong with the first one, but it wouldn't take the second one, either. On my first email to Upwork, I tried to attach them in order to ask if there was something wrong with them, but the message was bounced back to me and said that the max size for a message to support is 5 MB. Is there some way that I can send a copy of my ID to Upwork so that you can review if there is something wrong with the file, please? Otherwise will you please reset my account so that I am able to try uploading again?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
183 of 4,322

Hi Sara,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any support tickets you submitted previously from your account. I will ask one of our agents to create one for you and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Leon D Member Since: Dec 9, 2017
184 of 4,322

Can't verify location. Uploaded valid passport used for Visa applications and the system automatically rejected. There is no way to submit different crops or alternate IDs. There is no way to call or contact support in any way. I am dumped into this forum. Please help me. How do I contact someone at Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
185 of 4,322

Hello Leon,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out you shortly.

Untitled
Highlighted
Lilian S Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
186 of 4,322

Hello! Can I have help verifying my US location? The system is not accepting my Florida ID. They recently changed the design of the ID, not sure if that is the problem. Thank you!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
187 of 4,322

Hi Lilian,

We'll have one of our agent reach out to you and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Greg I Member Since: Jan 10, 2018
188 of 4,322

Hello,

The system keeps rejecting my driver's license and there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks,

Greg

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
189 of 4,322

Hi Greg,

A member of the team will be reaching out to you directly to assist you.

~Nina
Highlighted
Alisha H Member Since: Jan 19, 2018
190 of 4,322

I have been asked to identify my location. I am in the US on a work visa so I do not have the forms of ID that Upwork is looking for (US passport, US drivers license, State ID, or Green Card.) I tried uploading a picture of my visa but that did not work. How should I verify my location?