cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3481 of 3,714

Hi Sarah, 

I wanted to confirm if you have the proper work documents to be able to work on Upwork as a freelancer? It would be best to check with a legal authority if you can use your current visa to work as a freelancer in the U.S. If everything's in order, let me know so that I can check this for you. 

-Avery
Untitled
Natalia W Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
3482 of 3,714

Hi All,

I recently moved to London from San Francisco and am doing some freelance work. I want to be able to find work in the UK and in the US, but I can't seem to adjust my search settings. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Natalia

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3483 of 3,714

Hi Natalia,

The US-only setting isn't referring to the freelancer's country of origin. It allows clients to specify that they are looking for freelancers who are physically located in the U.S. at the moment. There may be various reasons why a client may use that option. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country a preferable way for them.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Natalia W Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
3484 of 3,714
Hi There!

Thanks so much. My problem isn't solved, though. I would like to see jobs
in the US and the UK. How do I change those settings in my profile? Or how
do I change those settings when looking for jobs?
Lizette P Member Since: Jun 22, 2019
3485 of 3,714

When I try to upload my ID for verification, it shows the wrong last name. This last name was from a previous marriage. Everything else is under correct name.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3486 of 3,714

Hi Lizette,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our team members will reach out and assist you further via support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Philip B Member Since: Jun 22, 2019
3487 of 3,714

I have tried 5 images a total of time times without success. What is next

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3488 of 3,714

Hi Philip,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have an open ticket for this concern. A member our team will update your ticket and assist you further in completing the location verification step. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Arnica D Member Since: Apr 20, 2018
3489 of 3,714

I am a permanent resident of US. I am originally an Indian who got married to a US Citizen 5 years back and have been settled here in Durham, North Carolina with my husband and child since the last 5 years. While here, I have worked in 4 different companies on contract jobs. My last contract job lasted for 2.5 years in Lenovo - Morrisville, North Carolina. My Green Card expired on 9/18/2016. And I received an I-751 Green Card Extension Notice from the Immigration office on 7/18/2017, extending my Green Card by another year. When I called them up, they mentioned that the green card process is currently on backlog since the year 2016 and that my Green Card status is indefinitely extended till I get an official Green Card or Citizenship, as I am married to a US Citizen and have a 3 year old US Citizen child with him. They mentioned that at present my i751 Notice should be used as a form of Green Card identification and that in the future, I can always get more letters issued from the immigration office, whenever I need one to prove my Green Card status. Given this situation, how do I verify my US-based location to get US-based projects on Upwork.com? Please advise.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3490 of 3,714

Hi Arnica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you!

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS