Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Tara P Member Since: Aug 8, 2019
3581 of 3,596

Thank you. 

Joseph F Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
3582 of 3,596

I have 64 connects, and I have the free account.  I saw a job I was interested in and submitted and it worked.  I then tried to submit again to another and the button is greyed out.  Can I only submit one per month is that how it goes?  Regardless I bought 10 more connects and I still can't do anything nor does it show up.  Upwork you guys really need to fix this problem. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3583 of 3,596

Hi Joseph, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 8, 2019
3584 of 3,596

Dear Upwork Team,

My name is Muhammad Abdullah and i created my account in UpWork few months before using my Techveno U.S company documents, earlier i provided my tax documents EIN, Annual filling and UpWork Team validated already, However i operate my company from numerous location time to time because of my travelling. I am not U.S citizen but yes when having a company in U.S we legally called as U.S Citizens.

The problem is your system is asking me to submit U.S Identity!, I can provide my U.S company documents which earlier i provided and you guys validated but now again asking the U.S identity, i can provide my Techvento company document but i don't have Green Card or State ID to provide you in simple. 

Doing freelancing since many years from Envtao, here you can see my U.S account: https://studio.envato.com/users/webdesignerart
where i provided my customer services to U.S specific customers since 7years because i do work only for U.S based clients that's why i opened company in United States and paying Taxes, Recently i joined UPWORK to expand my business as i have very positive reviews for my services from 2013 to till and going, I completed 700+ projects with the above 90% satisfied customers ratio, you can see my ratings on envato url i shared above.

I would like you to resolve my issue as i am the person who pay taxes there and i should have all the U.S benefits.

I am tend to my provide my best services here where client will hire me again and again and i can generate revenue for me and do a positive contribution for UpWork too.

Thank you

Mohammad Abdullah Khan

Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
3585 of 3,596

No, "when having a company in U.S.", you are NOT legally called US citizens. Your company may be US-based. You may even be able to say you have an American company. But YOU either are or you aren't a United States citizen. US citizenship is a personal, individual status, and that determination has nothing to do with your employer, employment, or company ownership.

So are you physically located in the US, or are you lying about your location on your profile just like you're lying about your "native or bilingual" English proficiency?

Muhammad A Member Since: Aug 8, 2019
3586 of 3,596

Thanks for your response, My understanding is having a U.S company means you known as U.S citizen because you pay TAXES, however yes its a personal classification. Second i didn't say that i am living in U.S, i created my company in U.S but i am not situating there, just paying taxes for my company revenues, I am not lying and hope its clear to you that i am not living in U.S. 

I opened my upwork account few months back based on my company documents, if they need more details i can provide or align my U.S lawyer to help for this issue. 

Thankyou

Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
3587 of 3,596

No, there are many people who are not US citizens and pay taxes to the US federal government, state governments, or local governments. For example, legal residents pay taxes, and they are not US citizens. Paying taxes does not make you a citizen nor does it give you the right to call yourself a citizen.

Your profile lists your location as Sarasota, Florida. Last I checked, Florida was part of the United States, although many bemoan that fact. So if you do not live in the US, why does your profile state that you do?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3588 of 3,596

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Petya M Member Since: Aug 14, 2019
3589 of 3,596

My ID is getting rejected when it is a perfectly acceptable Washington, DC issued state ID. How can I contact support to resolve this issue?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3590 of 3,596

Hi Petya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS