🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Roberta,

I checked this for you and our agent already reached out to you via support ticket regarding your concern. Please post your documents using the secure link provided in your ticket, which you can find here, to initiate the process and our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about your concern. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm just trying to check job details and getting the error on the top of the page "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support".

Can anyone help us with priority?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

contact customer support, this looks like an internal error that only they can help with.i would direct you to live chat but they seem to have hidden it very well this last week 😞 still cant find it.

Hello  Third,

I checked this for you and our agent already reached out to you via this support ticket regarding your concern. Please post your documents using the secure link provided in your ticket to initiate the process and our agent will update you directly about your verification status.

Please change your profile name, note that you need to have your real name on your profile which represents you as an individual. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't accept invites and submit proposal because of "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. " 3 days ago, I tried uploading once and that thing popped until now. I don't know what to do about it. Can someone help me? THANKS!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiezha Charmine,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

reached maximum upload for ID verification. How to contact customer support?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shakila,

Looks like one of our agents already assisted you with your concern and your location is successfully verified.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I literally just registered here, and was about to make my very first proposal, but Upwork put a hold on my account after I tried to verify my identity by uploading a photo of my driver's license.

The email from Upwork Team doesn't have any information on further steps I need to take in order to fix this, so I have to ask for help here. Anything I can do to be able to get contracts?

Thank you.

Hi Jayla,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there, I got an error message when uploading my license and now I have the error "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. " Can someone please help get this fixed so I can begin submitting proposals?

I have uploaded my driver’s license a few times, but it says it’s an invalid form of ID. I think it is due to me being underaged. I am wondering if there is a way to change it, or to verify myself a different way.

i just want to know how i send in a request to verify my identify with a selfie and my ID. Ive been trying for an hour and its so complicated for no reason. i was expecting to find an email and contact customer service but instead i have to talk to a robot that doesnt even know what im saying half of the time

Hi Sheila,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

When will they because it's been 24 hrs

Hi Sheila, 

I apologise for the delay. I have followed this up with the Customer Support Team and they should get back to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there,

I got an error message when uploading my license and now I have the error "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. "

Will you be able to help me Verify? My ID picture will not be accepted. I am locked out.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James, Meghan, Bethan, and Mercedez,
I have shared your account details with our Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your location verification. 

Hi William, 
It looks like you were able to complete your location verification already. Please let us know if there is anything else I can help you with.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I had the same issue. Can you forward my information as well so I can continue the verification process?

Hi Cassandra, Katie, and Abeer, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having problems verifying my ID as I am a British national living in the states (I have a two year visa).  I do not have an American driving license, American Passport (obviously) but I do have a work authorization card, however when I uploaded this file it came up with an error. What should I do?

I am unable to upload my verification documents (I have exhausted the attempts). Help!

Same problem here.  It says to get in contact with support, but there's no number that I can find.

I just uploaded by ID (drivers license) so that I could begin submitting job proposals, and I got a notification that UpWork was unable to verify my location. I think it must have had something to do with the quality of the image I uploaded. But now I'm locked out of my account and don't have the option to re-upload my documents. What should I do?

Hello, I was trying to upload my ID for location verification.  I think my png was too large and tried to shrink it.  After trying a couple of times it says I have tried the maximum amount of times and I need to contact support.  Thanks

I am having issues with verifying my location. I submitted a photo of mi identification card multiple times, and it was rejected. I received a message asked me to contact y'all to solve the issue.

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support. Can I please get help with this? Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richa, Christine, Ingrid, and Mario, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Received the message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." No option to contact customer support, just to post here. Please provide help. Thank you! 

Hi Alex,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification, you can check your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,I had sent a valid picture of my ID which did not get verified. What do I do in this situation? I am happy to send you the picture again - it is a current US Driver's License with all my correct information.

Hi Nanki,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I recently joined the UpWork network. I have attempted to upload my photo ID and I have exceeded the number of attempts. What can I do to get another chance to verify my identity?

Hi Laylah,

I can see that you already have a ticket for this and our team will assist you directly on your ticket, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I recieved the notification that states "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."  Customer support lead me to this community thread.  Where can I go to get this verified?

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my ID. Now I am prompted that I have to contact customer support to verify my ID. The only available method to contact support is via the Community....so here I am. What Now?

Hi Jacob and Cesar,

One of our team members will reach out to both of you and assist you further with the verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have attempted to upload my ID multiple times. I am now locked out and even though the website is telling me to contact Customer Support, I am just directed here. Can anybody help me?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths