cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Christy P Member Since: Aug 22, 2019
3611 of 3,651

I too need help with this topic. I "have reach my maxium number of attempts to upload my ID" and have been instructed to contact customer service. Help?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3612 of 3,651

Hi Christy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Corliss B Member Since: Jul 17, 2019
3613 of 3,651

please tell me why my government issued ID from the military is not acceptable ID. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3614 of 3,651

Hi Corliss,

A just checked your account and looks like you were able to successfully complete your verification process. Please do follow up with us here if you're still experiencing any issues, we'd be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Alena B Member Since: Aug 18, 2019
3615 of 3,651

I want to verify myID. I am from Russia. So I have Russia ID. Unfortunately I have no USA ID yet.

How can I resolve this? Does this mean my account will be suspended?

I want to work in upwork. Please help me. I submit my problem with my ID.  Thanks.

Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
3616 of 3,651

Alena, 

I'm from Serbia and I don't have American ID too. That's not a problem. They just need your valid ID issued by government.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Pamela K Member Since: Feb 28, 2018
3617 of 3,651

No, they quibble when it's French ID that you submit. It's like they're fishing for an American one just because I went to school in the States.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3618 of 3,651

Pamela K wrote:

No, they quibble when it's French ID that you submit. It's like they're fishing for an American one just because I went to school in the States.

They are "fishing" for an American one because on your profile you claim that you are living in the US, which seems not to be the case...

There's also a significant difference in your profile pictures (one on profile, one in the forum....)

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3619 of 3,651

Alena B wrote:

I want to verify myID. I am from Russia. So I have Russia ID. Unfortunately I have no USA ID yet.

Where are you located? In Russia or in the USA?

If in Russia, use your Russian ID

If in the US, you can still use your Russian ID for ID verification, but need US documents to verify your location and ability to work in the USA (be it on Upwork or otherwise.) You need to be a US resident or you'll have to have a green card or EAD (Employment Authorization Document.)

Pamela K Member Since: Feb 28, 2018
3620 of 3,651

You can be US "resident" without having any US "paperwork." Like you just went to school there or something.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS