🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
f894c3be
Community Member

I am working on creating my account and when I try to send a verification code to my phone number, it says "Something went wrong. Try again later".  How can I fix this?

Hi Rachel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ad53b0a7
Community Member

I tried uploading my re-uploading my ID after I added my Sereno to my Avelino as it is in my driver's license. Please find the upload to this in the attachment below. I got placed of my account on hold and i got an email that says.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

With no instructions on what to do...

Can i know why i was placed on hold for trying to verify and can i get my account verified please...

Because I have not been able to proposals since this happened

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avelino, 

I looked into this, and I can see that you were able to file an email support ticket. I have updated the team handling your support ticket to reach out to you and assist you further with your account concern. Please expect an update on the same ticket thread, and don't hesitate to post any questions on the ticket if you have any. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2d872bba
Community Member

how to submit my proposal.

Hi Muhammad, welcome to Upwork!

You can find instructions on how to submit Proposals here. For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the work marketplace. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

It looks like you're having some trouble verifying your location in order to submit proposals specifically to US-only job posts. We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with that.

~Andrea
Upwork
0e6c88d1
Community Member

You guys have 200 pages of people saying they are receiving an error while trying to verify the phone number. I'm trying to verify mine for 4 hours now. Same problem. Are you guys thinking about how to resolve this? Very unprofessional. Please help asap.

Hi Miranda,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6d3e5b3b
Community Member

I am trying to verify my upwork account but unable to verify. I upload my ID card for verification but he refused. Please tell us how I verify my account or contact with customer support agent.

Hi FNU,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
kirang98
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue as most of the people on this thread! I have an error that says 

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."
But when I try to reach customer support it redirects me as well. 

Please help me solve this!

Thanks,
Kiran 

Hi Kiran,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
e58fbb26
Community Member

I am attempting to verify my identity and have hit a snag - I tried uploading my id and it kept saying the names don't match, and now I have reached an apparent 'limit' that I cannot get reset.
It's possible that the image quality was not great, so I'd like to try again with a new image but can't get any help from any person on this seemingly simple problem. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lewis,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5cb4d4c5
Community Member

I faced the same issue in my account, any suggestion for me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Troy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7e57e9e8
Community Member

Hi, I've tried uploading my ID multiple times for verification. When I upload the image, I see a preview of my photo and all the requirements are checked green but then at the end I get a message that it failed to verify my ID. I've now reached maximum attempts so I'm stuck.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hannah.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a5052526
Community Member

I ould like to verify my ID.  I have reached the max number of attempts in the past.. But now the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Hi Lenin,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
14333c72
Community Member

14333c72_0-1638820541795.png

please help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Derrick,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f3ac8528
Community Member

Hi,

I joined upwork yesterday and have been asked to verify my profile but i don't know how to do that?

Hi Rebecca,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dsgraphicdesign
Community Member

Support,

I'm currently having an issue trying to upload my ID. I have reached the maximum number of tries and need to know who exactly to contact? Below is the error I see when viewing jobs.

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dillon.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths