🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Arianna,

I see you already have a support ticket with us about your location verification. One of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible and assist you with the process.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, I have a green card which is expired but and extention letter - where can I upload this later one. I would like to verify my location. Kind regards, Anna

Hi Anna,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you to assist you with the verification.

~Nina
robremsk01
Community Member

I am also having this exact issue. I have searched everywhere but cannot find where to upload my identification. Please get in touch with me as soon as possible, there are multiple jobs I would like to submit proposals to.

Hello Rachel,

I just checked your account and I could see that you have a notification that you must verify the two small deposits to complete the verification. Kindly click the link in the notification to verify the 2 amounts. Thank you.

Untitled

I'm having the same issue. I've verified my bank account but I'm still unable to apply for US only work.

Hi, I tried to upload my green card but it has expired but I have an extension letter - does anyone know how I can contact upwork to solve this issue - I dont seem to have access to a contact me button - only access to this community.

Thank you in advance.

Carly

Hi Carly,

We'll reach out to you directly and assist you with this issue.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
brandon_dcd
Community Member

I am getting the same issue as the poster of this topic. Please contact me as well!

I have the same issue. Is there a clear cut steps to resolve this quickly? Thanks

Hello Sherry,

I'm sorry to hear that. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly to help you with your concern. Thank you.

Untitled
sammynewman
Community Member

Every time I upload my ID, the site won't accept it. I made sure it was over 200dpi, not cropped, and fitting the size requirements. I think the problem might be that I have a vertical drivers license. (Don't worry, I'm over 18.) I don't really have any other form of ID I can use and I really want to be able to verify my location. What should I do? 

UPDATE: Never mind, this got solved! 

Hi Samantha,

Good to hear that this has been solved. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
mjr334
Community Member

Something went wrong with the identification, as it said my name didn't match my id.  Now i'm at the limit and link won't allow me to submit my picture anymore.  Need it reset somehow so I can try again.  Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

A member of the team will reach out to you directly to assist you with this. Thanks!

~Nina

i'm also having this problem I need help with that.

Hi Jimmy,

One of our team member will work on the US verification for you, it will be on Monday since it will be done manually.

Please bear with us.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello! I am also getting the same error of not being able to uplaod my ID verification! Could I please get help?

Hi Austin,

One of our team member will reach out to you on this concern. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have same problem 

Below is the Error..

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

--Manisha

having the same problem.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pelin.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.  

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! I am also getting the same error of not being able to uplaod my ID verification! Could I please get help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frederick, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly through an email to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am having this same problem

I am not really sure what to do, but I would really like to start freelancing.

AG

bosesumon
Community Member

Good morning All,

Before I begin, I would like to say I already have a ticket open with customer care about this and thanks for your time. I just want to know if others have faced this before, I got this notification (You have reached the Maximum Number of Tries for Uploading your ID) after I applied for job when I clicked the "view job posting" to see how many proposals this job has recieved. I have a verified profile on Upwork and it was sttange, customer care told me there is no hold on my account and it might be a glicth so I wanted to know if any of you have ever come accross this?

Regards,

Sumon

Hi Sumon,

Just to confirm that your case has been escalated for further investigation, once our team has finished with this they will contact you directly on your ticket.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I understand Goran, I just wanted to know if anyone else has faced this issue, I have mentioned in the begining already that I have a ticket open for this.

Hi,

I am having the same issue and the link to the support page does not work. Could someone help me please?

Thanks,

Ayala

Hi Ayala,

Sorry to hear you ran into issues with verification. One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
anaph
Community Member

Hi There,

I'm also having issues with verifying my location! Created a post in the community forum but have not received any feedback yet.

Can customer service help in any way please?

There are some assignments which I'm very keen to submit a proposal for, but I can't do this until the location verification is sorted.

Thanks

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Ana,

One of our team members will reach out to you to assist you with verifying your location very shortly. Thanks!

~Nina

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID
I am having the same issue. My ID and name match but i am getting this error

Hi Conner,

We'll have a team member reach out to you directly asap to help assist with your verification.

~Nina

I just created my account and tried to verify my location using my driver license.

But it failed and i received an email from upwork explaining that my account is on hold. Does anyone know what's going on and what i should do?

Thanks

Hi Zachary,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly with more information regarding this account hold. Thank you

~Nina

I tried uploading my genuine, unmodified ID (a California driver's license) several times, and am now getting this error message:

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

There doesn't seem to be any way to contact customer support other than these forums, so hopefully someone from Upwork shows up in this thread ASAP...

I have been having the same issues with my passport.  It keep prompting an error message. 

Andrew & Zainah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to both of you to assist you with your verification.

~Nina

Same issue, I've done it at least 3 times and still no luck.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths