Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

pourya-mazaheri
Pourya M Member Since: May 13, 2020
4321 of 5,094

hi dear upwork support

im new in upwork. i was searching for new job and noticed we can send bids to most jobs even those that are located in united states. one of my friends send me a new job to see the description. but when i clicked on the link it says: job post is not available in your location. my question is why this happends? whats the reason of these kind of messages? i wanna know why he can see the post but i cant and apply?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4322 of 5,094

Hi Pourya,

Clients have told us that they sometimes need a freelancer located in the same country. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork.

Secondly, we’ve heard from freelancers who are upset that they are taking the time (and wasting connects) to submit proposals for jobs they will not be considered for because they do not meet the client’s location requirement.  

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
seanpmoran
Sean M Member Since: May 14, 2020
4323 of 5,094

I'm attempting to complete my profile and keep getting an error on the phone number. It says I failed to verify the number immediately after I click the button. It is the only number I use. How to resolve this?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4324 of 5,094

Hi Sean,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
starnewc6708
Star N Member Since: May 14, 2020
4325 of 5,094
My ID verification failed. Its my up to date license and a picture that was clear. Why did it fail and why can i not talk to an actual human about it?
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4326 of 5,094

Hi Star,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
anjaliambani
Anjali A Member Since: May 16, 2020
4327 of 5,094
Hi - I uploaded my ID but I received a message that upwork was unable to verify me. Since then it’s been more than a day, but I haven’t received any email regarding video verification nor am I Getting an option to upload my ID again. Please help. Thanks!
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4328 of 5,094

Hi Anjali,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anjaliambani
Anjali A Member Since: May 16, 2020
4329 of 5,094
Thank you so much!
rauzzzetdinova
Liliia R Member Since: May 19, 2020
4330 of 5,094
Hi , I have a work permit as the only ID government document , but system won’t verify it . Can it be verified manually by your support team ?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS