Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Highlighted
Lili M Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
4451 of 4,547

please helpe me quiqlyi
've reached the maximum number of tries to uploaod my iD.
i want to retry
somebody INVITED ME TO WORK
please helpe me please

Highlighted
Lili M Member Since: Jul 20, 2020
4452 of 4,547

please helpe me

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4453 of 4,547

Hi Lili,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it. Could you please confirm if you're currently located in the US? 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Urvi P Member Since: Jul 29, 2020
4454 of 4,547

Hi, I am trying to validate my ID but its failing. The format of my IDs is Indian as all my documents are created in India and I am here on my visa. So I think it is not able to validate due to different formats. I can provide my Visa stamps and US work Authorization to ID me but that options are not available. Please help me out here as I am not able to bid on projects because of that. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks, Urvi

Highlighted
4455 of 4,547

Hi Urvi,

In order to verify their location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. It's not possible to verify the location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Nicole B Member Since: Jul 30, 2020
4456 of 4,547

I am trying to start working and submitting proposals but it is telling me that I failed to upload my ID too many times and i need to contact support. When i follow the link it brings me to an automated system that  isn't much help. How do i contact upwork directly?

Highlighted
4457 of 4,547

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nicole.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Shannon F Member Since: Mar 8, 2018
4458 of 4,547

I am trying to verify my ID. I uploaded a photo of my ID once and it told me that I had exceeded my attempts and has locked me out from applying for jobs. It was a clear photo and it was my first attempts. How do I get this fixed? How can I try again?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4459 of 4,547

Hi Shannon,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Sandra K Member Since: Jul 31, 2020
4460 of 4,547
I need to verify my identity, but I have used my allotted attempts. How can I get verified?