cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

fakehaa
Fakeha N Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
4531 of 4,844

Mary I agree with you , I also have one major issue with this system. There seems to be absolutely no way to contact and get help or call number associated . I have uploaded my drivers liscence which is Valid. I dont know what the issue is and all I got was email saying they have placed my account on hold because they cannot seem to to verify it. 

What to do next? How does one go about assuring their identity and veryfing their credentials? who can I reach out to? We are here to find work as freelancers and help those who need it. Instead of giving proposals I have spent half of my day figuring out how and who to reach out to me regarding the issue. Still no one has bothered.

I am at my wits end quite honestly. 

PLease help

fakehaa
4532 of 4,844

I havent even started sending proposal yet. I tried to apply for one as  a freelancer and I get an email from upwork on account hold. I uploaded my Valid drivers liscence. Still in a limbo here. Can I send proposals or not? what to do next? what Id verification do you need? How does one get their account aactiavted etc?

fakehaa
4533 of 4,844

Nichola if one gets stuck on the very first step and there is no one to reach out to , where do we go from there? I logged in to my account last night. Found a fitting job and wanted to send a proposal. When I clicked on it I was propted to a window to verify my ID, so I uploaded my Valid Driving Liscence. All I got was an email from upwork sayign that they have put my accoutn on hold since they cannot verify my ID. 

No reason as to why or what to do next or who to contact. I have been trying since morning to reach out to any help or support. Franky, autobot doesnt help when it cant even understand my confusion. I havent even started getting a job as yet. Im new to the upwork community. Am I supposed to delete accoutn aadn apply again?what else do you need? its very discouraging when you see no one there to help out when we are trying to understand a system. 

ianharrisnyc
Arian H Member Since: Sep 11, 2020
4534 of 4,844
Hi there,

I’ve been attempting to verify my identity for five (5) days to no avail.

I’ve supplied;

State ID
US Passport Card
Bank Statement

Yet my efforts are consistently kicked back to me and I’m not given the option to actually speak with someone (just no-reply email addresses).

Can someone please help? I have a contract that I’m unable to accept until I successfully pass the process.

Thank you.
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4535 of 4,844

Hi Arian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
rodolfomonte
Rodolfo M Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
4536 of 4,844

Hello

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. What can I do?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4537 of 4,844

Hi Rodolfo,

Someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
jblitzy
Julius K Member Since: Sep 16, 2020
4538 of 4,844

Hello,

I just uploaded my ID and got an email a couple of minutes after, I do not not what I missed, can anybody tell me how I can fix this or who to contact to get that information?

Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded.
As a result, we have placed a hold on your account. Please know you will still be able to work and complete any open contracts and withdraw earnings, but you won't be able to submit proposals for new jobs or accept new contracts.
We are sorry to have to take this step, but we must for the safety of our marketplace. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
The Upwork Team

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4539 of 4,844

Hi Julius,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
kaylacrwright
Kayla W Member Since: Sep 17, 2020
4540 of 4,844

I'm new to Upwork, and when I was creating my profile, I uploaded my driver's license in which the address needed to be updated, and didn't match my current information. I recently had it updated, but now it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." 

How do I resolve this?