Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4721 of 4,774

Hi Troy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
f8744604
John S Member Since: Jan 22, 2021
4722 of 4,774

Hello, I am uploading my driver license but Upwork is not able to verify my ID. Additionally what is the process to use a name different than the one on my ID? For example if your ID says William but you go by Bill. 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4723 of 4,774

Hi John,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. You cam try using a common name variation and our team will inform you if it's acceptable. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly and will suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your bank or payment account name.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
6748b3c6
Hannah B Member Since: Jan 24, 2021
4724 of 4,774

Hi there, I am trying to verify my ID by uploading a photo of my driver's license. I've made multiple attempts but the system says there's a problem and to try again later. My photo isn't blurry, I haven't edited it, all 4 corners are visible, and it is a PNG. Is there someone that can manually verify it for me as the system seems to be not working?

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4725 of 4,774

Hi Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with the verification process. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
vesilstudios
Matthew R Member Since: Jan 25, 2021
4726 of 4,774

So, no matter what I do there is no option to contact customer service. Upwork fails to verify my account, tried everything, and now I have discovered that they have removed their contact customer support option.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4727 of 4,774

Hi Matthew,

I checked and it looks like you are referring to completing the location verification process. I've requested the help of our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

-Joanne
Untitled
steinhm
Hannah S Member Since: Jan 26, 2021
4728 of 4,774

It just shows the 'submit proposal' button as grayed out. 

kam_andru
Community Leader
Kamarudheen C Member Since: Jan 16, 2021
4729 of 4,774

Hi Hannah,

Try re-login and try to submit again, It will be visible then.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4730 of 4,774

Kamarudheen C wrote:

Try re-login and try to submit again, It will be visible then.

No, it will not. That won't verifiy her profile.