🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Trying to get my ID verified to begin work. Please help me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to help you verify your ID. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I've having the same issue where my name and the ID are the same but the system is telling me its not. Would a live person be able to review this for me?

Thanks,

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

Sorry to hear you ran into issues with verification. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi same thing. Can't get US jobs though I thought I had verified my ID.

Hi Nikolaos,

I have checked your account and see that you have successfully verified your location and that sending proposals to US jobs is functioning as intended on your account. Can you please share the details of the message you are experincing when attempting to send the proposal?

~Nina

Hi

I m not able to submit proposal past 3-4 days

Hi Linda, Joseph, and Kawalpreet Kaur, 
I've notified the Customer Support Team about your issue and they will reach out to you separately to assist you further. 

Joseph, I wanted to know what was your experience when trying to reach our Customer Support Team so that I can try and investigate this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I would like to verify my identification.  I have reached the max attempts and need to contact you for further instructions on how to bypass the blocked access to upload verification.  Thank you, Andrew

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

I'll go ahead and share your information with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
hanoldaa
Community Member

Alright, thank you! How long until I can expect a reply?

Hi Andrew,

A team member has already reached out to you to assist with your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi!

I have the same issue here... I tried uploading a picture of my driver's license from my phone 3 times and now I'm blocked... I don't if it has to do with the file or with the fact that on my driver's license you can see my second name? 

Please help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maia Carolina, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you in verifying your identity.

~ Avery
Upwork

My account is on hold until my ID is verified and I can't create a ticket because I keep getting a 404 error.  This is extremely frustrating. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Lorraine. I went ahead and requested the Customer Support Team to reach out to you and assist you directly.

~ Avery
Upwork

My identify verification will not work.Trying to upload my id and keep getting an error message. I am doing everything correctly.

I notice you have not responded to others with this problem. Can you help me and anyone else experiencing this problem?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharon, 

A member from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you in verifying your ID.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

My U.S. Drivers License ID won't get verified. Can a representative from Upwork help me verify it?

Hi Elaine, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to help you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi! Help! I can't apply to any job offer due to maximum tries to upload my ID. Help me solve this problem, please!!

Hi Viktoriia, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you via email to assist you in verifying your ID.

~ Avery
Upwork
anaph
Community Member

Hi There,

I am in the process of receiving my green card (which may take a few more weeks) and have an EAD card and SSN. How can I verify my US residency? At the moment, there is no option that fits this.

There are some US based assignments which I'm very keen to apply for, but cannot until this is resolved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana, 

You should be able to use any of the following IDs to be able to verify your US residency - driver's license, State ID, US passport, Green Card. 

If you don't have any of the above mentioned cards, I'm not sure if there is any work around to that. I will go ahead and check this with the team. Hopefully, you get your Green Card soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have been attempting to upload my ID to complete the verification but the files that I have scanned keep getting rejected and I have reached the maximum number of attempts allowed. I just tried to submit a proposal and got the error message and it was the first I had heard about it. It gives me a link to contact customer support but the link takes me to a page that doesn't exist. Please help me rectify this! 

Thank you,
Jessica Vega

Hi Jessica,

I just checked your account and you still haven`t used all 3 attempts to verify your ID. 
Regarding your second problem, please clear your cache and cookie, this should solve the issue about connecting with our customer support. Our team also reached out to you via ticket, you can access your tickets on this Link.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi- I am having the same exact issue and Seem to have no way of contacting support directly. Can someone please help with this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Logan, and Brittani, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you separately to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I accidentally uploaded the incorrect identity verification and I need to update that information, but the message states that I have reached the maximum number of times of uploading (even though I have only tried once). Also, I recently moved and my ID address does not match a recent address bill. 

Can anyone address these issues?

Thanks,

Logan

Hello I am trying to upload my EAD(Employment Authorization Document) as a proof. But somehow is not not accepting.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,

Khandokar

Hi Khandokar,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you further with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I attempted to upload my ID to verify my address so I can send proposals to US-based only; however it says I've attempted too many times & to contact Customer Support. The link though is broken and there's no way to contact support. How can I upload my ID so I can send propsals?

Hi Kasey and Setember,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with uploading your ID. I've requested that one of our agents reach out to both of you directly to help you in completing the verification process.

~Nina

Hi I have found similar questions that I am asking but I could not find the solution to this. I am currently working in the US legally with an EAD card. I am waiting for my greencard to arrive (Got married to a US citizen). There is not a check box for EAD cards in the account settings. Please let me know if there is a way to talk to one of your customer support team.

Hello Yoo Jin,

I just checked your account and I could see that you are not being required to undergo any verification as of the moment. Could you please give us more information about your concern? Thank you!

Untitled

When I try to apply for jobs, it indicates that I have to confirm my location with either a greencard, us passport, driver's license, etc. I don't have any of those in hand. I only have an EAD Card.

Hi Yoo Jin,

At this time, to submit proposals for jobs with a U.S location requirement, you must have a valid sate-issued ID, driver's license, green card or U.S passport. EAD cards cannot be used to verify your location. Please note however that you can still use Upwork to submit proposals for all other job posts except for those with a U.S location requirement.

~Nina

Hi,

I am trying to upload my ID for verification but it gets rejected. It is an EAD card (employment authorization card in the US) which do not seem to be accepted by the system. I get this message : " It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.

Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport."

I do not have an US passport, greencard, or driver's license\ID card.

What can I do ?

Hi Celia, 

Were you trying to upload your ID to verify your location? Once your US location has been verified, you should be able to start bidding for jobs that has a U.S. location requirement. Otherwise, you will only be able to bid for jobs that do not have this requirement. 

I wanted to check if you have a State ID, and if you have tried uploading your state ID?

Celia, this is also just a gentle reminder that if you have just recently moved to the States, you will need the proper visa, and work documents to be able to freelance on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you for you reply. I am authorized to work in the US. I have an EAD card and a proper visa. But since I am not a US citizen, the EAD card is the only document I can provide Upwork with to show that I am indeed allowed to work (No US passport or State ID, and I don't have my US driver's license yet). This card has been provided by USCIS and is a legal document to work.

I am not able to apply to any jobs as it says that I have reached the limit for ID verification.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths