🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
ccrow94
Community Member

Hi, I tried to upload my ID because it said my name wasn't the same, so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!

eddy_taslak
Community Member

Not sure how the community can help with this issue but I got directed to post here from my ID not being verified.

It's my regular Minnesota Driver's License, and I've tried taking the picture multiple times, with different backgrounds/angles/lighting but it still won't verify it. Now it says I have reached the maximum tries and to contact support. I tried contacting support but it directed me to post here. 

Not sure what to do. I appreciate the help. 

I'm having the exact same problem. I already have an offer sent to me but can't accept because of this. I'm following up on your thread.

Hi Eddy, and Carly, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out directly to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery, I also need help with this.

Hi Anthony, 

Please refer to my reply above. Just to reconfirm, the Customer Support Team will reach out and assist you directly with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
mjlionel
Community Member

My ID name and my profile name matches, why am I still having issues with my Identification?

Hi Marshanna ,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
brittneynoelle
Community Member

I have reached the max amounts of attempts to upload my ID for verification - so first off I would like to know why my image of my ID isn't working, and second of all I would like to know how to upload it again for verification. 

Thanks,

B.

Hi Britney. 

I am having the same problem too. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best,

Katherine

Hi Brittney and Katherine,

Our team will reach out to you both via tickets as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
apoudel1
Community Member

I can't verify either. can you help me get to the customer support?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amrit, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Same here. Can someone help? Thanks.

Hi Zheguang,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_brenna
Community Member

Hello, I just signed up and tried uploading my ID to verify location but am told I have reached the maximum number of trials. Help me out. am stuck

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Murphy,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jesselynaparks
Community Member

I do not understand why my driver's license was rejected. My name matches, however I have moved states recently so my current address does not match my driver's license address. Is this why? I have now been suspended from trying to upload again. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jesselyn.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lillian1102
Community Member

I have tried to upload my ID and after several time did it not working it has put my account on hold. How do I upload ID and take account off hold?

Hi Lillian,

I see you already submitted a support ticket about your verification. I'll follow up on it and we'll have this resolved.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I've tried to submit a ticket but I keep getting brought back to the forums. I've tried my drivers license and I'd try my passport but I've reached the max numbers of tries to upload ID 

aguilar_natalia
Community Member

I just recently signed up for Upwork and I was asked to verify my identity using my ID. Thus, I uploaded a picture of my ID and yet, it continues with the message "Your type of ID isn't supported." Is there any way to fix this problem? My state ID is the only physical form of ID I have currently.   

Hi Natalia,

Please check this link on the acceptable dicuments for Identity Verification and some image guidelines. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I'm getting Unable To Verify message as well. I've tried my Drivers License and was going to try my Passport yet I can't find anywhere that will allow me to upload. I'm now being told to contact Customer Support; however, the only "customer support" I'm led to is the Forums.

gokoko
Community Member

I've reached the "Maximum number of attempts" while trying to upload my driver's license to verify my account. I can't figure out how to contact the Upwork customer service so can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan, and Tiffany, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. I apologise if this has been an inconvenience for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
andersonglen
Community Member

After trying to upload my ID multiples times (Correctly) I received this message, You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

There is no customer support to contact. I have absolutely no way of starting verify my ID or no one to contact to do.

Hi Glen, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
corbincollierpe
Community Member

I have followed all steps to submit my ID but the program will not recognize it. I have read all requirements and complied. Can I speak to representative to have this resolved?

skyseer
Community Member

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."I keep receiving this message but I think I've only tried to upload my ID once.

Can you please help me verify my account?

tom-cruz
Community Member

Hi everyone, am here to see whether I can get help. Am new to upwork and tried uploading my passport to verify my location but I get a notification saying that I have reached the maximum tries...how do I go about it?

beege2588
Community Member

I need the same assistance please

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
beege2588
Community Member

By email? When should I expect to hear back from them?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, David. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email, and you should receive an email from them within 24-hours.

~ Avery
Upwork
stacyjill
Community Member

My ID has still not been verified. I provided all the documentation

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stacy, 

Kindly refer to this notifiication from the team with more information on what you can do to complete your location verification. If you are having issues, please let the team know by posting on the same ticket thread as they are more equipped to assist you with your verification issues.

~ Avery
Upwork
6liam6
Community Member

So I’m brand new to UWork but am having a hard time finding a full time job since my profile shows no past job history and no client reviews.

I’m trying to get into customer service so it’s not something I can do hour long projects for to get a fast positive review.

Any advice and tips? I’m hard working and extremely fluent in english but can’t seem to get any opportunities since I have no experience.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths