🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I have the same problem. And, the help center says the same thing over and over again. I have money waiting that I can't get. Any suggestions from anyone?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olivia and Deborah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ubomag
Community Member

To whom it may concern,

I am new to Upwork and am excited to get started. I ran into an issue when applying for freelance gigs when my CA ID was not accepted. Seems like this happens frequently on your site, as I have read about others with the same issue.

I recently moved to a different state (HI) and then, unfortunately, lost my CA-ID. Now, my ID is still current and is NOT expired and I have an image of it that I photographed which has been accepted to employers, banks and online websites as a proper identification. I am not sure if the image is unreadable to your tracking robot, or...?

Is there a way that I can send you this image so I can get this uploaded and start applying myself? I am going through a whole mess with trying to get a different ID since I have no mail or job (just freelancing right now). I have no other form of ID except my Social Security Card and Birth Certificate. I even tried to brighten it up and cut the edges of the image off to just show the ID.

I have attached the before rendered image and the after rendered image. Neither were accepted. I do not have access to a scanner as I live remotely.

I hope  you guys have some positive feedback and can help me with this situation.

Thank you in advance,

Aaris A. Schroeder
A Freelancer Waiting to Freelance

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aaris, we'll go ahead and follow this up with the team so that they can get back to you on your support ticket.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and don't know what more to do. However, in my case it only gives me the options to upload British ID's?

Could you please help me?

Thank you!

Hi Noelia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thanks!

I am trying to upload my passport to complete verification step but it generate error e.g. Not supporting this type.. My file is in . Jpeg.. Can someone guide me.. Or system unable to verify my file as passport?

Hi Emad,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I have had a similar problem- I have attempted to upload my drivers license and my passport- and now it it telling me that I am out of tries- I do not want to post my drivers license and passport on this public forum- is there anyway I can submit them via email? 

Hi Chassie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI Chassie,

Could you let me know with what they get back to you please? They never got back to me.

Thank you! 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noelia,

I checked this for you and one of our team members has already reached out to you via this support ticket.  

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
noe_kai
Community Member

Hi,

I didn't see that, sorry.

I've uploaded the requested documents. However, once all has been viewed and accepted I kindly request to having my passport deleted as per my GDPR right because I don't want my personal ID to be on a public site.

Many thanks,

Noelia

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noelia, 

Please know that Upwork makes confidentiality and protection of our users’ privacy a priority, and we abide by the commitments we make to you in our Privacy Policy. Our ability to delete data is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. 

In order to process your GDPR request, it is important that we receive additional details from you to establish your use of Upwork. Please download our Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) Form and submit the completed form under the 'HOW DO I SUBMIT A DATA REQUEST?' section of our Privacy Center. We will respond with information regarding what we can or can’t delete.

The information you submit will be managed in accordance with applicable law, and consistent with our Privacy Policy. Please let us know if you have any other questions, thank you.

~ Avery
Upwork
readyready15728
Community Member

Hi there. I have completed my profile and am now stymied at the level of verification. I took a picture of my ID twice with my phone and was denied both times. It's an older phone (LG Sunset)—could that be the issue? Is there any way to verify manually? I talked to the chatbot and it couldn't really do anything for me.

yulia-kit
Community Member

I'm having the same problem.

I got this message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."

get redirected to this community every time

cynthia_alan
Community Member

Hello, I joined upwork and was asked to upload my ID for location verification but on doing so I got a notification saying that I have reached the maximum number allowed..any help?

Alan C wrote:

Hello, I joined upwork and was asked to upload my ID for location verification but on doing so I got a notification saying that I have reached the maximum number allowed..any help?

Does your Upwork name and your picture match your ID?

There seem to be various (several) discrepancies...

Hi Alan, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jxrodriguezx
Community Member

I keep trying to upload my ID and it keeps telling me my name is wrong.

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shineramya
Community Member

Getting this error: Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support. I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. I need help on this. Please help me resolve the issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
brianlouis014
Community Member

Having a hard time to submit documentation for job proposals. I have reached the maximum number of attempts. What do I do now? 

Hi Brian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
trmoore
Community Member

Hello,

I believe that I have reached the maximum amount of attempts to verify my ID, despite the fact that it is real and matches my location. What should I do?

Hi Ahmad and Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out, I have escalated your concern and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
ahmadzubairfaras
Community Member

I am trying to upload my Washington State driving license, but it doesn't accept it. I took photo of my driving license through my phone and upload it. Now, it says that you have reached the maximum number of tries to upload your driving license, so contact the customer service.

caseymargolis
Community Member

I'm in the same situation - from the US.

Hi Casey,

Thank you for letting us look into this. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
c_maciorakowski
Community Member

Hi Moderators, 

I tried several times unsuccessfully to get a good image of my ID uploaded.  Now I don't know how to proceed.  Help!

Thanks!

folk-sarah
Community Member

How do I verify my identity? I tried once and it was unsuccessful; I now have the following message: 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Strangely, the "contact customer support" link led me to this Upwork Community rather than an actual customer service email. 

How do I try again? I don't seem to have access to any jobs right now. All of the "Submit Proposal" buttons for all the jobs I clicked on are greyed out. 

I'm not sure what was wrong with the first picture. I didn't edit it or anything. I took it on a flat surface and with all four corners of the US Passport ID page showing (not including the signature page). 

The strange thing was that when I uploaded the document, it was shown to be upside down. But the picture I uploaded was not upside down. Is that why it was rejected? Is there any way to appeal this decision? Or to submit a new photo?

I can't seem to do anything on Upwork right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Sarah,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
grbinc
Community Member

I am unable to upload my id, says contact support

Hi Greg,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
christmas-vicki
Community Member

I’m told to contact customer support to prove my identity. What do I do

Nothing to worry about. Just submit your national identity card/ passport / driving license photo. Take photo of your document by your phone or camera. Don’t edit or crop.  Must take a clear photo and submit. It’s a matter of a minute.

Hi Vicki,

One of the customer support team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
edward-muiruri
Community Member

hello, I have just joined upwork and I am having trouble uploading my ID. I have gotten a notification saying that I have reached maximum number of uploads. how do I go about it?

Hi Edward,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths