🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

thank you for responding but up until now no one has reached out to me

Hi Edward,

I checked and the team has already reached out to you via support ticket. Please refer to the steps provided on the email and feel free to post your questions on the ticket so the agent can assist you efficiently. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ggerunt45
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Can someone get in touch with me as well to figure this out?

Also, not a big of having to make a comment in the forums as opposed to simply sending someone an email...

Hi Gino,

A member of the customer support team will reach out and assist you further via support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Am yet to get any help

a_goldsby
Community Member

"To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Can't submit proposals.

Hi Andrew,

One of the customer support team members will reach out and assist you in completing the location verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
edwindubay
Community Member

Ive never had so many problems with trying to upload an image and the customer support only sends you to articles i need to send in my location id proof i ran out of attempts

Hi Edwin,

One of the customer support team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you in uploading your documents for location verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
02989ccf
Community Member

after setting up my account i tried to submit my proposal on a project so I was asked to submit my ID which I did bt it was not approved, alerting me that I have reached maximum trial to upload my ID and I did it just once

Hi David,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hayleebutton
Community Member

I was trying to set up my account today and I had some issues uploading (took the picture wrong, name not matching account). I've tried to contact support but it just brings me here. Does anyone know what to do? Do I have to delete my account and start over?

Hi Haylee,

A member of the customer support team will reach out to you via email and assist you in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
e_montanaro
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to verify my identiy here. I uploaded my photo ID too many times but I am not recieving any notifications to video chat to get this sorted out. How should I proceed from here? 

Hi Edward, 

Please know that the video-chat verification, and the location verification are two separate types of verification. Kindly refer to the articles above and this article for more information about the different types of verification on Upwork. 

I checked your account and it looks like you were trying to complete verifying your location. I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ggroselle
Community Member

I am out of attempts to vallidate ID... What do I do?

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support." 

Hi Geoffrey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
pdanielides
Community Member

Hello, I've tried repeatedly to upload my ID (following instructions) but it keeps failing and now I've run out of tries. It's telling me to contact Upwork client support, but then it keeps steering me to the Community. Super frustrating, just want to be able to upload my ID so I can start making propsals. How do I get in touch with an actual Upwork employee to fix this?

Hi Philippe,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pspear
Community Member

Hello! I am seeing the same problem with my account. I have tried using my first and middle name, as I typically go by my middle name, but both times it said that the names did not match even though they are both on my ID. 

Thank you for your time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paige,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I keep seeing where others who are having this
issue are being answered by Upwork personnel. Could someone please help me
as well??

Hi Minda,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
choosedmitri
Community Member

I have a crystal clear photo of my Drivers License, but it wouldnt let me upload. Now it says I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID, which prompted me to contact customer support. Can someone please help so that I may start working?

Hi Javion,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lfcolson
Community Member

I received this error: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

What do I need to do now?

I'm having the same issue !

lapinc
Community Member

I've also been trying to upload my Illinois State ID. Over the last few days, nothing has been working so I can't accept jobs. Could I have some assistance?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isaiah, Christian, and Lauren, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. 

~ Avery
Upwork
michelle-reyes_f
Community Member

I get this when trying to submit a proposal:
"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Also I am unable to submit proposal on any job from list. Proposal Button is already gray and not clickable.

Please help!

thank you!
Michelle~

Hi Michelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
gregory-quarles
Community Member

Please please please help me! been a year. I want to work

Hi Gregory,

~ Goran
Upwork
sracine08
Community Member

I am receiving this message and can't send proposals: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.

What can i do to fix this? 

Hi Stephanie,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
anette-tiznado
Community Member

Hi, It´s been a week since I posted a question on some issues I´ve been experiencing on verifying my ID but nobody from Upwork has reached to me yet. how can I get in contact with the Upwork people to fix this?  

Hi Anette, I think we are having the same problem.  I don't have any answers yet either, but I'm hoping by letting the community (and thereby, perhaps, Upwork employees) know that multiple people are having the same problem, it may expedite the time it takes to get a response. Good luck to you! 

Hi James,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Anette,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths