🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
lynetteclark
Community Member

I have sent in more than two IDs and still cannot bid on projects, Can someone please help me with this

Thank you for reaching out to us, Marlo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e_fan
Community Member

I am also receiving this error message: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sonja_rhea
Community Member

Hello, My ID is not able to be verified and now I am locked out from trying? Can someone from the team help me please? Thanks! Sonja

**Edited for community guidelines**

Likewise; please let me know if you discover a solution 

yousefkhan102
Community Member

I'm not sure how better to have attempted to verify my ID, but I posted 2 pictures of my passport as clear as possible matching their requirements and none of them were verified. Furthermore, when I attempted to redo it, I was blocked from ID verification and was sent to customer support, where I was lead to this forum. Seems like the managers themselves are too superior to solve my problems, so I guess I have to ask the community. I was attempting to apply for a job I received an email-invitation for when I stumbled upon ID verification. Anticipating a quick and efficient verification considering I am whom I am registered as, I was met with a maelstrom. How can I verify my ID now so this process can speed up and I can get back to applying for my job? I am being blocked from doing it right now. I can do anything besides posting my drivers license as I do not own one. I have seen the method of a video call and I would enjoy doing it if this site had that option / allowed me to.

I'd also think something as much of a nuisance as ID verification should be included when one registers an account - instead of when they're in the middle of applying for a job. Very frustrated and let down by what this site has to offer.

Hi Sonja and Yousef,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Excellent - I will be waiting patiently

alittleorganized
Community Member

I need someone from Upwork to manually verify my ID. My DL and SS Card have a different last name because I recently got married and I'm not changing the info right away. I've tried uploading my marriage license but it is not accepting it.

Hi Amanda,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
prakash_2006
Community Member

Hi,

I  am unable to upload my ID so that I can apply for Jobs. So please help me in uploading my ID.

Regards,

Prakash.

Hi Prakash, 

I checked your account and can see that the team has reached out to you through this support ticket. Kindly refer to the ticket so that the team can assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jamaalthomass
Community Member

Hello there,

I need assistance in verifying my ID and account. Keep exceeding my attempts and stated that Customer Service would need to assist. Tried to video verification with no link. Any guidance is most appreciative to get me working. Thanks!
assad114
Community Member

I am trying to upload my Driver's License for location verification but it says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." What can I do now?

Assad

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arkeem, and Assad, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jamaalthomass
Community Member

Hello I need a verification link sent. Issues sending it to you all
aberrios83
Community Member

Hi, I just got appoved to join Upwork however, when it got to the driver license verification it claims my name doesn't match and I've reached my maximum allowable attempts. Can someone help me? (I did try to use my middle name and last name-no nicknames-nogo)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonita, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a_marc
Community Member

Hi, 

I have the same problem, trying to upload a perfect image of Driver License photo and scan, all according to the rules. Im stuck now.  

jone1437
Community Member

Hello

I am experiencing the same problem. I spoke with 'Live Chat' last week but still experiencing the same issue with the ID and reaching my maximum tries.

Can you please help?

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heidi, Emaus, and Agnieszka, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to both of you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
emaus1212
Community Member

I am able not to submit a proposal because I have exhausted the number of times to verify ID.

oergul
Community Member

Hello Avery,
Could you send the link for id verification? I could not find it anywhere.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamil, 

I'll go ahead and share your account with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
khanhnguyen84
Community Member

Hi, I couldn't complete identity verification. I uploaded my ID only once time and it said I have reach maximum of tries to submit my ID and it wouldn't let me to do anything.

Hi Khanh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
macklinlee
Community Member

Hi

I've tried multiples time to verify my ID and now am unable to see the vefication link on my browser if there's any way you guys can help me resend me the link to proceed with another trial them fine.

Hi Liliam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
alexis_stanley
Community Member

I've been trying to apply for jobs, but the site never accepted my photo ID and now I've been locked out of attempting. Where do I go from here?

Hi Alexis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
beth-87
Community Member

I tried to upload my passport so I could verify as being U.S. based. The system after only one attempt now refuses to verify my passport and I have yet to receive an email about it. How long does the email usually take? Can I speak to someone about this? Heeeeelp!

cullyjordan
Community Member

Why is my account not verified yet and why can’t I apply for any jobs??? I can’t even click on upload proposal and it said something about contacting support but I don’t know how to I’m so confused.

Hi Jordan and Beth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jtb19
Community Member

I tried to supmit my drivers license but after one attempt it did not accept and is now giving me this error message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

cristina_pacheco
Community Member

I am having this same problem. Thank you!

mcoacher
Community Member

I am having the same issue and also need assistance to resolve this. Could you please have someone help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cristina, Morgan, and Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
digitalbruh
Community Member

I received the message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." How can I reach customer support to address this issue?

Thanks!

Hi Brian, 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths