🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » United States Location Verification - Unable ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
rroyer17
Community Member

I am currently having the same issue with uploading my card
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Reyna, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
johanna-chick
Community Member

In setting up my profile it tells me I need to verify my phone number to continue. Is there a way I can create this account without an attached phone number? I currently only have an out-of-states number, which I entered without any issue but I have yet to recieve a verification code. has any one else dealt with this problem and is there any way around it? 

If it comes down to it, I'll use a family member's phone number just to get the code and continue the set up. perhaps afterwards I can change the number or remove it. 

Hi Johanna,

You can submit your application without a phone number as well and you will be able to bid on our marketplace if your application is accepted. Are you currently out of state as well? If yes, your current location needs to be reflected on your profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your help. I believe it would be easiest not to have a phone
number listed. Now I'll wait and hope my application is accepted.

On other notes, while I am a US Citizen, I do currently live out of the
States. My address would not be accepted because it is to a US Military
base, a APO address. I do still have an address within the states that I
used instead. That won't come as an issue, will it?

Johanna

Hi Johanna,

Your address needs to reflect your current location, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your APO address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mandoo1128
Community Member

There is a message at the top of any job posting stating "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." Then the help keeps pushing me to talk to the community. Would you mind helping me, please.

Thanks!

Minjee

Hi Minjee,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
macain13
Community Member

I just signed up for Upwork, and I'm trying to get verified.  I submitted my ID and it said that there was an error - my name was apparently different than what was listed (which it was not).  I tried once or twice again with new pictures of my license, and then it said maximum number of ID submissions reached.  I have tried to contact customer service, but I can't find anyone to discuss with and can't get verified to submit any proposals.  Please help.

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hollyelee
Community Member

I've tried uploading my driver's license (Georgia in the United States) multiple times and now it's saying I've exceeded the allowable number of attempts. It also said my type of ID wasn't even accepted. It's a legitimate drivers license. This is ridiculous.

I exceeded amount of times to upload my ID for a proposal, as well. I've only tried once. I need assistance 😞

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
codedrip
Community Member

They wont give me another option to upload again? It just tells me to contact customer support. How do you upload it again?

thesmartmedia
Community Member

I am trying to verify my ID but unable to do so. Received the following text; 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Hi Thesmart,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Please change your profile name, note that you need to have your real name on your profile which represents you as an individual.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zina-a
Community Member

I tried to verify my ID once and received the following error message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Please assist. Is there no customer service number?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zina and Val,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vczamara
Community Member

Getting a message of "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." I've tried uploading once. Now I'm directed to the community. Help!

chelynnem
Community Member

I am trying to get my ID verfied, and after one failed atempt it is telling me I have reached my max amount of atempts. It is saying to contact support but I can't find a way to submit a request. Someone please help me.

Hi Che'Lynne,

I'll have one of our support agents reach out to you directly and assist you with the verification process.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
tlanter
Community Member

Count me as one more user getting the dreaded "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID" error. 

It is not clear what caused this problem. Any advice would be welcome, since I'd love to, you know, apply for something!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tully, 

I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
joshakelso
Community Member

It says contact support, I don't know where to upload my id or anything as their not options
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua, and Venkataraman,

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bvraman
Community Member

Looks like the verification issue is a perennial issue. When are you going to fix it permanently? This is very annoying. Being new to up work, I had high hopes and expectation but you guys have failed me in the very first touch point. I cannot submit proposals.

Either fix it permanently or do away with it. 

😉 If you do not know how to fix it, I will fix it for you for a hefty price, I can submit proposal but you need to fix my issue first 🙂

And, BTW, the link says Contact Customer Support but looks like I can reach God easier than reaching your customer support, there is just no path defined 😞

fostertrey
Community Member

SAT, just need a human to look at my ID. Bot is not picking it up.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Trey, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
spencera
Community Member

Hello, am also having the same problem

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Spencer, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
singityourway
Community Member

Hello, I have reached the maximum number of tries for uploading my ID and would like to talk to support. Thanks!

Hi Daniel, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
22fb98a0
Community Member

I have added my card and have been charged by Upwork for the verification process.

Unfortunately, it will not let me verify and it said, contact support. I am trying to get a project off the ground now... It is frustrating...

Can someone please help. 

ekimilli
Community Member

Hello I reached the ID upload limit what should I do?

Hi Egemen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mikephalen
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identity. I've tried my license and passport. It tells me it can't verify my identity at this time. 

Now it is saying that I have tried too many times.

Contact Upwork support directly https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Bottom of the page, click get help

Go through the questions and at the end hit "still need help" and will connect you via chat, email or phone

Lila

Thanks for the quick response. I went to that page and there is no link for
"Still need help". I did a search for it. Not there.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mike,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kellyhuegerich
Community Member

I tried several times to upload my drivers license to UpWork to verify my location and received an error message each time. I am now unable to try again as the message reads I've exceeded my attempts to verify my ID. My file met all of the specs listed for verification. Please advise.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths