cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
781 of 3,813

Hi Kaelyn,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Kaelyn J Member Since: Jun 3, 2018
782 of 3,813
I will do this, thank you!
Dariy E Member Since: Jun 4, 2018
783 of 3,813

Uploaded a brand new Rhode Island license to the website in order to get verified only to have it glitched out and denied repeatedly. Would like to get manually accepted but this platform doesn't have chat support for some reason? Hopefully someone can get back to me quickly in this thread. Thank you in advance.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
784 of 3,813

Hello Dariy,

Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed when you are trying to send a proposal to US only job? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled
Rafael G Member Since: Jun 6, 2018
785 of 3,813

As above, the help function just keeps redirecting me here and there doesn't appear to be any other form of communication with upwork. My ID is not expired but it keeps telling me "looks like it's expired".

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
786 of 3,813

Hi Rafael,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Aleksandar T Member Since: Jun 4, 2018
787 of 3,813

Hello there,

I am studying in the US, but I still do not have an ID to prove that I am the US Citizen, besides my passport. I wanted to verify my location in order to get access to jobs that are available only to the US Citizens, and I tried uploading my Visa, but it did not work. Could You help me to solve this problem, so I can start applying for those jobs?

With respect,Aleksandar Trujic

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
788 of 3,813

Hello Aleksandar,

Unfortunately, the only allowed documents to verify your location are Driver's License, State ID, Green Card or US Passport. If you don't have any of these, you can still submit proposals to those jobs without US location requirement. Thank you!

Untitled
Aleksandar T Member Since: Jun 4, 2018
789 of 3,813

Hi Ryan,

Could there be any exceptions to th rule of providing a location verification so I could apply to the jobs located in the US. Since I am student and am allowed to work, I think I should be able to apply to those jobs.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
790 of 3,813

Hi Aleksandar,

US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

If you have an agency, only agency members who are located in the US will be able to apply for these jobs.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS