cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Allison S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
81 of 1,576

I tried to upload my PA driver's license to verify my location, but the message I keep getting is this:

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.
Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport. 

I can't find an email or a phone number for a help desk or service with Upwork. Does anyone have a contact so I can verify my location? Ready to work but this is my only hold-up!! 

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
82 of 1,576

Hi Allison,

Click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina
Untitled
Maria T Member Since: Apr 13, 2018
83 of 1,576

I'm not able to submit proposals on jobs because I keep getting an error message about updating my address, but I've already done so.

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
84 of 1,576

Hi Maria,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to.  At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Untitled
Michael P Member Since: Apr 15, 2018
85 of 1,576

I am replying to you as I cannot seem to create a new question.  I am having the same problem as the other members on these pages.  Tried to upload my ID, was rejected, and now being told that I've exceeded the number of attempts allowed.  I may have submitted multiple requests for the same issue as there is not a clearly defined path to correct this situation.  Please help!

Mike P

Jo-An B Moderator Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
86 of 1,576

Hi Michael,

One from our team will reach out to you directly via ticket. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
87 of 1,576

Unless you sent in a cute rabbit's passport and driving licence clearly nobody would have been able to tell if the ID goes with your profile picture.

As is clearly explained when you add a profile picture, it has to be a real, clear photo of yourself.

Erin B Member Since: Feb 5, 2018
88 of 1,576
Thanks for that, I'm sure. I haven't been on upwork in a while though, and my picture's been the same for a long time. Apparently that wasn't the rule when I first uploaded it.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
89 of 1,576

Erin B wrote:
Thanks for that, I'm sure. I haven't been on upwork in a while though, and my picture's been the same for a long time. Apparently that wasn't the rule when I first uploaded it.

Yes, your last job was in 2014, and at that time it was the rule as well, but not strictly enforced unless they stumbled upon it Smiley Happy

It *is* a dead cute rabbit!

Michelle L Member Since: Feb 26, 2018
90 of 1,576

Hi,

I'm new to upwork. Please I can't get my i.d. verified. I tried uploading, and I believe I met all the parameters, but it's saying I've exceeded the maximum limit of trying to upload my i.d., and I can't even bid for jobs. Please help!

Michelle Lopez

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS