🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unreliable customer and late payment
Page options
viktor_jetbrain
Community Member

Unreliable customer and late payment

Hi guys!

Please help me to understand. I've worked on contract for hourly rate and during the process the type of works has been changed so me and my customer decided to increase hourly rate but to pay for that in a new contract. The work has been done because it was too urgent and client was good. But - as usually - when all tasks were done he disappeared for a month (illness, holidays etc). After long attempts to contact him he is here, he sent me new offer, i submitted payment request and he has even paid for that as he says (4 days ago). But there are no transactions on these contract in my account. 

Please tell me how long time do we need to get money on my account? How can i check whether has he paid and money really left his account or not?

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Viktor K wrote:

Hi guys!

Please help me to understand. I've worked on contract for hourly rate and during the process the type of works has been changed so me and my customer decided to increase hourly rate but to pay for that in a new contract. The work has been done because it was too urgent and client was good. But - as usually - when all tasks were done he disappeared for a month (illness, holidays etc). After long attempts to contact him he is here, he sent me new offer, i submitted payment request and he has even paid for that as he says (4 days ago). But there are no transactions on these contract in my account.

Huh?

On hourly contracts you track your time with the tracker and get paid automatically.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Thank you!

Yes, but in process i had to do additional urgent work (more complicated than previous) and we've agreed on additional fixed payment so he sent me new offer with agreed fixed price. That's ok. The question is about how can we check whether has he paid or not. 

Hi Viktor,

Please send me a PM(click on my name) with your contract ID`s or Titles so that I can check this and advise you accordingly. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

@Viktor K wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, but in process i had to do additional urgent work (more complicated than previous) and we've agreed on additional fixed payment so he sent me new offer with agreed fixed price. That's ok. The question is about how can we check whether has he paid or not. 

Look at my flowchart above. Go to your reports page If he released the milestone it is under "Pending"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths