🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unresponsive Client Follow-up
Page options
captain1715
Community Member

Unresponsive Client Follow-up

Hi,

I am new to UpWork and recently asked a question in this forum about unresponsive clients.  I received very useful advice from the wonderful people in this community and have modified my practices accordingly going forward.  

Unfortunately, my original "unresponsive client" is still M.I.A.  In brief, I was hired by this client to update a resume for an agreed upon price.  Both the client and I were new to UpWork and did not realize that the client had actually set up an hourly contract.  The number of hours I worked at my rate far exceeded the initial agreed-upon price, so I manually entered the hours. I understand that in the future, the proper way to handle a similar situation is to lower my rate rather than manually change the hours, but unfortunately, I did not know that at the time.

Anyways, I provided the client with a final product about a month ago.  The client told me I did a "great job" and was "a pleasure to work with" and then disappeared.  I have messaged the client several times and gotten no response, so the contract is just sitting there.

I'm worried that my eventual JSS will be affected by this contract remaining open with no activity. Should I end the contract myself? Or would that be worse for my JSS? At this point, I am willing to eat the money but would hate for this experience to negatively affect my ability to get hired on UpWork in the future.  

Thanks for your help. I sincerely appreciate it.

Best,

Chelsea 

1 REPLY 1
felixmena
Community Member

Hi Chelsea,

It is always recommended to, professionally, address any concern with the client and ask them to end the contract. They will be prompted to give feedback when they do. If you don't hear back from the client, you can go ahead and close the contract yourself.

The information found here may provide more details about how the Job Success Score is calculated.

Felix
Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths