🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unresponsive Client
Page options
martin_selrico
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

How do I file a comlaint against a unresponsive client. Work was completed but client has not responded with request to close billing. 

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Selrico M wrote:

How do I file a comlaint against a unresponsive client.

You don't file a complaint because there is nothing to complain about. Clients don't have to respond to freelancers. If you want to close the contract (provided you've already been paid) you are free to close it yourself.

Don't harass the client.

The complaint is that I have not been paid after completing my work; after several requests. If my verbiage is off, or have misunderstood  of Upworks processes, then please excuse me for that. 
I need help dealing with an unresponsive client, where I will not close the contract because I have not been paid. 

Selrico: clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

As freelancers, we are paid automatically when clients do not respond.

If this is a fixed-price contract, then you click the Submit Work button once.

Only once. If you click it repeatedly, then you BLOCK yourself from getting paid. (Each time you click the button you reset the 14-day auto-payment countdown.)

My issue is more complicated than your responses where the contract and the client is concerned. I’d like for someone to review the contract. I believe this particular client intentionally took advantage, after written agreement on how I’d be compensated.
Thank you for your responses, but I’m not looking for anyone else to explain to me the client/freelancer relationship. I need help communicating with my client, and I read Somewhere once that there is an appropriate way to go about that. Is there anyone else who can offer assistance with clients (besides advice from fellow freelancers).

Hi Selrico,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`re having. I checked your contracts and I can see that you have 2 hourly contracts. Please keep in mind that in order to get paid on hourly contracts, you will need to track your time with our desktop app.
Unfortunately, you can't send me a PM with more details at the moment. But, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You're using the tool incorrectly.

Selrico M wrote:
 I believe this particular client intentionally took advantage, after written agreement on how I’d be compensated.

There is nothing Upwork can or will do to get your money if you worked without a contract or a contract that wasn't appropriately set up and funded.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths