🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unresponsive Clients
Page options
mregalb
Community Member

Unresponsive Clients

Hello,

I am relatively new to Upwork. I had quite a few proposals in which the clients were completely unresponsive to it. They did not accept nor deny my proposals. I thought in order to get my connects back I could simply reject my proposals. After rejecting my proposals I found out that none of my connects were being returned. After further research I found out that I can only get my connects back if the client rejects my proposal. I did not know this otherwise I would have waited. Now I have wasted connects that I could have gotten back over time if I just waited. This was not clear and I would like to receive my connects back for the ones that I withdrew. For all future proposals I will wait the appropriate length until the client has officially rejected my proposal or upwork has decided that the client has been unresponsive for too long.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "After further research I found out that I can only get my connects back if the client rejects my proposal."

You will not get your connects back if the client rejects your proposal.

sivavranagaro
Community Member

Melissa R wrote:

Hello,

They did not accept nor deny my proposals. 

Thank you.

Get used to it. It's the default.

Now I have wasted connects that I could have gotten back over time if I just waited. This was not clear and I would like to receive my connects back for the ones that I withdrew.

Good luck.  This will never happen.  You should have read through Upwork's resources on getting starting as a new freelancer. 

For all future proposals I will wait the appropriate length until the client has officially rejected my proposal or upwork has decided that the client has been unresponsive for too long.

The client may never reject your proposal.  There are jobs I've submitted to that have been open for months.  

1) You do not get connects back when a client rejects your proposal. 

2) It is not Upwork's fault that you didn't understand how the system works.

3) You won't have your connect refunded. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths