🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unresponsive client -fixed price(no miles...
Page options
shrew_t
Community Member

Unresponsive client -fixed price(no milestone)

Hi everyone!

I am very new to Upwork and this is the first project which is fixed price with no milestones. The client sent me a video just explaining what needs to be done but didn't mention anything about how much of the work to be done. It's a simple data entry work and he didn't mention how much of the data needs to be entered. I asked him about it and he's been unresponsive. I have been updating him about the work but he still doesn't respond. Not sure what to do. Can anyone help me, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shruthi T wrote:

I also got a notification that day from Upwork that I was hired. I don't know what to do now

It sounds like you may have had an offer but failed to accept it? If it was more than 7 days ago it's too late, as an ofer only stays valid for 7 days.

Next time, make sure you actually accept any offer and don't start working until you get a message that the contract has started and you see it on your "My Jobs" page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Shruthi T wrote:

this is the first project which is fixed price with no milestones. ?

There is no such thing... Every fixed rate Upwork contract has at least one Milestone. Were you actually properly hired? Go to your My Jobs tab- Do you see the contract there?

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

shrew_t
Community Member

Thanks for replying.

I don't see any contract in "My jobs". When the client sent me a video and details of the project to start working I thought I was hired and started working on the project. I also got a notification that day from Upwork that I was hired. I don't know what to do now

If you don't mind can you please explain to me how the hiring process works when a client contacts us? Thanks in advance

Client clicks green "Hire" button.

Freelancer clicks green "Accept" button.

Then a contract is in place.

Freelancer can see contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

Thank you Preston for answering my question

petra_r
Community Member

Shruthi T wrote:

I also got a notification that day from Upwork that I was hired. I don't know what to do now

It sounds like you may have had an offer but failed to accept it? If it was more than 7 days ago it's too late, as an ofer only stays valid for 7 days.

Next time, make sure you actually accept any offer and don't start working until you get a message that the contract has started and you see it on your "My Jobs" page.

shrew_t
Community Member

Hi Petra.,

Thank you so much for explaining. Next time I'll make sure to follow as you suggested. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths