🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unstarted expired test
Page options
miguel-esteves
Community Member

Unstarted expired test

Hi everyone,

I was about to start an relevant (Networking Concepts) test in the platform when I realised, by reading the info, that it would take me around 40 minutes to complete.

Once I didn't had enought time to start it at that moment I decided to do it later. 

Now when I went back to do the test, it says "Your test has expired. You can retake the test after 07/03/2019.".

I didnt even clicked the "Start" button to begin with nor have seen one single question!.. Is there any way to contact support or get in touch with someone who can fix this for me?

Thank you for your time,

- Miguel

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julio, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get back to you to assist you with yoru Skills Test. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julio, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get back to you to assist you with yoru Skills Test. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I got a reply from the CS and the problem should be solved, 

Thank you for your help and to UpWork CS for fixing it so fast 🙂

Cheers,

Same thing has happened with me with Digital Electronics Test. Can you please help? I also didn't started the test. I only viewed the details of the test.

Hi Basit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your test. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The exact thing happened to my English to Russian Skill Test. Can I get help please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anjelica,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kacronin
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue. I viewed the information for the English Spelling Test (U.S. version) below and opted not to take it when I saw the time required (40 min). I would like to return to take it, could you please advise/correct? Thanks in advance.

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
akaihen
Community Member

I had this issue today and it says the test expired and I will be able to take again on 05/19/2019. But I just clicked started but I didnt't really iniciate.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theophilo, 

I'll be happy to help you with this. Could you please share the Skills Test you are referring to so that I can share it with the team? 

~ Avery
Upwork
yeryani
Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I just set up my account a couple of days ago and checked out the available tests. I clicked on one and when I saw that it would take 40 minutes, I thought I'd come back for it another day. Now I get a message that my test expired, but I didn't even click start.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yasmeen,

Could you please share the name of the test or the link so that our team can check this from our end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Name of the test:
English To Arabic Translation Skills Test
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Yasmeen.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jorenvd
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. My test was the English to Dutch translation, it expired after just reading the info.

You'd think after a month and a half this issue would be fixed

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joren,

Our team will check this from our end and reach out to you via ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

The same thing has happened to me unfortunately: I selected a test and when I read that it could take up to 40 minutes to complete I decided to do it in the evening instead and now it has expired. Could anyone please reset it for me? It was the Spanish spelling test. 

Thank you!

Hi Soledad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your expired test issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Solved. Thanks for your swift assistance!

s_yingst
Community Member

I'm having the same error with the English Spelling test. I've never even started it, however. My error message says I can't retake it until 7/24/2019.

Hi Sean,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your test. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same thing just happened to me in my spelling tests. Please help me. 

Hi Olivia,

We'd be happy to help you, can you please share the exact title of the spelling test so I can check? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dionicy
Community Member

Hey. I wanted to take a test for translation from English to Russian, but the system told me that I could not pass the test no earlier than 08.28.2019. I have not passed any tests since the registration on the site.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your expired test issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork
zulylein
Community Member

The same thing happened to me for the US English Spelling Test and the Virtual Assistant Test. I have no clue how to send a help request. Can someone tell me how to get these tests reset? Thank you! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Zuly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

The same thing happened to me when saw I didn't have enough time take the U.S. Word Usage test. Didn't hit the official 'start' button. But, when I came back to the test it said time had expired. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Maurice.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sarahderaes
Community Member

I also have this same issue when trying to take the English to Dutch Translation Skills Test. I would love if I could have the opportunity to actually take the test so it can reflect on my profile. 

Hi Sarah,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths