🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unverified Client with Questionable Email
Page options
skleckner14
Community Member

Unverified Client with Questionable Email

Hello Upwork Community!

I am new to Upwork and have been sent my first interview intvite on OneDrive, but I am unsure if the client is legitimate because of their email. The client is an Upwork Plus Client with an unceritifed payment, but what worries me is the invite they sent. It was written with weird vocabulary and the email they'd like me to add over Skype doesn't match the name on the client's account. The email is also of a deceased celebrity. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 🙂 

Thank you!

Best,

Sydney

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sydney,

I checked the job you are referring to and it looks like it's already been canceled for violating Upwork TOS. You'll notice that the Message room with the client has also been archived. Please, check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork.

Also, please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I got three messages from three different job postings that sent me the same exact thing. All within ten minutes of each other. It seems like something suspicious is going on.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Message read:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered suspicious activity. I will go ahead and flag these job posts to the team for review. We count on your help and diligence to make the Upwork experience as safe as possible. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it.

Please check out this help article for some advice on Staying Safe on Upwork.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths