🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » UpWork Profile is Complete Still No Views
Page options
shiwaligupta
Community Member

UpWork Profile is Complete Still No Views

Hey can anyone tell why am I not getting views on my profile even though I have everything on my profile.. Testimonials..Good Description..Title is also Good..But still no Impressions and also no hiring..Can anyone give me a few tips to improve..That would help a Lot !! Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Shiwali G wrote:
Hey can anyone tell why am I not getting views on my profile even though I have everything on my profile.. Testimonials..Good Description..Title is also Good..But still no Impressions and also no hiring..Can anyone give me a few tips to improve..That would help a Lot !! Thanks

When you are trying to market yourself as a writer, your profile has to be free of glaring grammar, punctuation, word-choice, spelling and capitalization mistakes. A dozen mistakes in the first 2 lines doesn't work.

What is especially interesting is that the person you use as your "testimonial" makes the exact same (unusual) glaring mistakes.

Petra - +10

alysegoody
Community Member

Your profile offers high-level English language skills but is full of spelling errors, bad grammar, and at times does not make sense. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shiwali G wrote:

There is no excuse for the state of your profile, you need to use a spell-checker, and not doing that just seems lazy. (Sorry for being blunt, but this is how it will come across to potential clients.)

Your portfolio should contain your prior work, not some story and stock photos of a guy that alledgedly hired you and how he looked before and after. That does not come across as professional. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths