🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Updation of name and id card
Page options
87094d0c
Community Member

Updation of name and id card

How can I update my name and ID card on Upwork?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanveer,

Feel free to update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If our team needs additional ID verification for your name change they'll reach out to you directly with that request. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tanveer,

You can update your name by going to Settings > Contact Info. Once you've updated your name please allow 72 hours for the review to be completed. 
If you're needed to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also want to update my Id card. 

Hi Tanveer,

Could you please clarify the reason why you would like to change the name and the ID card? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
87094d0c
Community Member

Yes,

I want to update my ID Card on Upwork. Because I Changed my Name on my Id card. And on my previous Id card, my name is Tanveer Naseer, and Now on my new Id card My name is Mohammad Tanveer Naseer.

Please help me.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanveer,

Feel free to update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If our team needs additional ID verification for your name change they'll reach out to you directly with that request. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ammarrrr
Community Member

Hey Bojan,
I have a top-rated profile on Upwork, my ID is verified, and everything is fine.
My question is that I want to change my father's name on my national ID Card. Would it be ok for Upwork? As my profile is already verified but now, due to some events,, I need to change my father's name on my ID card, so I was thinking if there could be any problem in the future for my upwork profile? Please let me know. Waiting for your reply.
Thanks

Hi Ammar,

To clarify, are you going to be changing your legal name in your country?

~Andrea
Upwork
ammarrrr
Community Member

Hey Andrea,
Sorry for responding late! Yes, I am going to change my father's name on my National identity card(legally).

Hi Ammar,

Thanks for clarifying. If that's the case, note that you may be required to complete a verification process again. The team may notify you of this once you've finished the process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths