cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade membership plan with upwork balance

Md Muzahid-ul I Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
1 of 21

So far I heard from people, one can upgrade his/her membership plan with the upwork balance. I'm trying to do that and I don't find an option.  when i go to settings> memebership/connects and click upgrade, it asks me to add a card. So, did I hear it wrong or the process has been changed? If not, how do I use my upwork balance to upgrade my membership plan?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 21

Hi Md Muzahid,

You need to add a valid billing method, Credit/debit card or PayPal (if available), in order to upgrade your Membership. If you have available balance on your Upwork account, the money needed for the membership upgrade will be drawn from that balance. If the funds on your Upwork account are not sufficient, your billing method will be charged. You can find more information in this help article.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Md Muzahid-ul I Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
3 of 21

Thank you valeria! So, does this mean I must add a debit/credit card to upgrade my membership plan? What if I don't have any of those? Can't I just use my upwork balance to upgrade the membership?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 21

Hi Md Muzahid-ul,

Yes, you need to add a billing method first as Valeria explained.

Ashoo S Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
5 of 21

I heard from people, one can upgrade his/her membershipplan with the upwork balance. I'm trying to do that and I don't find an option.  when i go to settings> memebership/connects and clickupgrade, it asks me to add a card. So, did I hear it wrong or the process has been changed? If not, how do I use my upworkbalance to upgrade my membership plan. I do have sufficient balance

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 21

@Ashoo S wrote:

I heard from people, one can upgrade his/her membershipplan with the upwork balance. I'm trying to do that and I don't find an option.  when i go to settings> memebership/connects and clickupgrade, it asks me to add a card. So, did I hear it wrong or the process has been changed? If not, how do I use my upworkbalance to upgrade my membership plan. I do have sufficient balance

Which part of "You must have a credit/Debit card or PayPal (where available) was unclear to you?

You have to have a valid billing method on file. You can use your balance, but the valid billing method is mandatory. 

7 of 21

for upgarding a membership i need to add a dedit of credit card but y if i have sufficent upwork earing

Community Guru
8 of 21

@Ashoo S wrote:

for upgarding a membership i need to add a dedit of credit card but y if i have sufficent upwork earing

Because it is a membership which renews every month, and just because you have a balance this month does not mean you will have a balance next month. So you have to have a credit card, a suitable debit card, or a PayPal account where available on file, or you can not upgrade your membership. 

9 of 21

I must add a debit/credit card to upgrade my membership plan? What if I don't have any of those? Can't I just use my upwork balance to upgrade the membership?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Sad

Community Guru
10 of 21

@Ashoo S wrote:

I must add a debit/credit card to upgrade my membership plan? What if I don't have any of those? Can't I just use my upwork balance to upgrade the membership 

Yes, you must add a debit or credit card (or PayPal where available)

If you don't have any of those, you can not upgrade your membership.

No, you can not use your balance without having a valid billing method on file.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS